March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (Dan R, Hoot4570, canvasback, 4 invisible), 348 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,985
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Sidelock
Sidelock

French Canadian

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

First, please let me congratulate my American friends for a wise decision. Like most of you here, I have been looking forward to today.

Perhaps the best thing that may come from a Trump presidency is the destruction of the idea that politicians can only speak about certain things, can only talk a certain way. Perhaps Trump can set an example for the rest of those in Washington and other halls of power as he destroys politically correct speech and reminds us all that the politicians serve the people. The royalty in both parties seem to have forgotten that fact.

I would also like to add that I'm a member of a firearms forum up here with 175,000 members. Overwhelmingly supportive of President Trump and America. And when I read the comments section that follow "news" stories in our major national newspaper covering the inauguration (in fact, thinly described attacks on Trump and America with that oh so gratingly superior attitude of not just Hillary supporters but FOREIGN Hillary supporters) they are again overwhelming supportive of Trump and disgusted by the media war that's been waged against him.

I don't know how Trump will treat Canada but it's good for the world to have someone finally pushing back against the bullshit that has infected the halls of power in the Western World.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
King Brown #469952 01/20/17 07:03 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
There may be unforeseen consequences of his hostile take-over of the party. With no specific prescriptions, we'll just have to wait and see.

There are always "unforeseen consequences" for any action taken. I'm sure there will be some with Trump. But in the meantime....

King, who would have foreseen that the Hope and Change guy would stoke the fires of racial division in America. 8 years ago, most of us hoped he might be able to improve things. Instead, he made them significantly worse.

Who would have foreseen his kowtowing to the religious fanatics in Tehran, his impotence in the face of the boy idiot king of North Korea. Who could have imagined his stoking of the Arab spring, only to abandon those who rose up expecting help, to their hideous fates.

Who could have imagined that despite being the most destructive and useless president in any of our lives, his gaffs and shortcomings would be so papered over by a fawning press, anxious to kiss his ass at every turn.

Who'd a thunk, eh King?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

We voted for a Black guy and got a Red.

canvasback #469959 01/20/17 07:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Events, yes, James, not always as you described, but we may agree on the gist of it: events as unforeseen consequences often have more bearing on presidential actions, as they did on their predecessors. They all learn Congress decides, unlike parliamentary systems where PMs legislate for better or worse.

King Brown #469961 01/20/17 08:08 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

There may be unforeseen consequences of his hostile take-over of the party. With no specific prescriptions, we'll just have to wait and see.

King--This afternoon I feel like a man who just served an eight year prison sentence and was finally granted parole.

Before you go to bed tonight make sure you remember to take your Geritol and Lydia Pinkhams......you'll feel better in the morning. smile

King Brown #469974 01/20/17 09:46 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

....we may agree on the gist of it: events as unforeseen consequences often have more bearing on presidential actions....

Yup, one main event, fundamentally change the good ole US of A.

King Brown #469976 01/20/17 09:54 PM
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

unlike parliamentary systems where PMs legislate for better or worse.

Only in the foolish parliamentary democracies that removed the selection of party leader (and thus Prime Ministers) from the MP's and put it in the hands of the party membership at large. Like Canada.

British MP's have no difficulty reigning in the stupidity of leaders who get too self important or are past their best before date.

Anyway, this is off topic. It's a great day in and for America!

Last edited by canvasback; 01/20/17 09:55 PM.

Ken61 #469977 01/20/17 09:56 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
Irrelevant opinion from an America-hating Commie Canadian. You insult my Country, you pay for it. Cause and effect.

Besides, it's FUN!

Let's us keep an open forum and not more vitriol, please

J.R.B. #469978 01/20/17 10:03 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

All cool here, JRB. How many times have I said that I have faith in America's institutions, "which always get it right over time."

You surely haven't forgotten my prediction at the last administration change, when all hands here were weeping and wailing about losing their guns.

I said any changes could only be cosmetic ones because "Americans are in love with their guns." I'm pleased you're feeling better.

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.