March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 251 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I have just acquired a single barrel 28 gauge shotgun which was made for W Rawbone of Cape Town. I have tried looking for similar guns on the Web but cannot find any. I was just wanting for information about this gun. Who might of made it, how old etc. Not sure how to add a photo as this may help?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Photos are a necessity. Include pics of any marks anywhere on the gun.

To upload pictures.

Have the BBS window open with the post you'd like to put the pic into.

Open up jpgbox "submit an image" in another window. Click on "choose file", the screen will switch to your photo library. Click on the pic you want to upload.

The screen will change back, the pic address will show where the
"choose file" box was. At the bottom, click "upload photo", the screen will change and your pic will appear. Now, I always go to the picture sizes and click on the largest size. The screen will change again.

To post your pic, go to the box labeled " for forums" and copy and paste this info right into the BBS box you have open in the other window. That's it.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Open up jpgbox "submit an image" in another window. Click on "choose file", the screen will switch to your photo library. Click on the pic you want to upload.

Ken, Where do I find jpgbox ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

The name Rawbone of Cape Town struck a chord with me, just couldn't remember where at first. Finally I remembered, many many years ago I saw a 4 gauge double muzzleloading rifle with that name on it. I don't recall any details about it now but that name Rawbone just sort of stuck in my memory.
Turner Kirkland of Dixie Gunworks had it, has been around 45 years ago that I saw it. I seem to recall he carried it on Safari & shot an Elephant with it.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stallones

Ken, Where do I find jpgbox ?

Google "Jpgbox", one of the results will say " JPGBOX, Submit an image"

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Here are a few photos. Rawbone
[/url]
[url=http://http://tntfiles.com/aahh7z1f5m/dsc-0092-jpg]

I hope this works, seems very complicated, not sure why you can't just upload straight from your device?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Rawbone name is owned by Terry Harrison, formerly of City Guns in Cape Town. Believe Terry has Rawbone records. Try to email mharri@mweb.co.za If that does not work, perhaps being the email of Terry's late brother, Mark, PM me and I'll pass along a phone number.

Regards

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AMBLESIDE
Here are a few photos. Rawbone
[/url]
[url=http://http://tntfiles.com/aahh7z1f5m/dsc-0092-jpg]

I hope this works, seems very complicated, not sure why you can't just upload straight from your device?

Let me try to help. the basic format for something/someplace on the web is an address that begins http:// followed by the rest of the address ( http://tntfiles.com/08ii752pjn/dsc-0095.jpg ). it must be complete syntax and not duplicated as per your initial try.

The forum tag code works in matched pairs with a Begin Tag [...] and an End Tag [/...] the object or text that is controlled by those tags sits between them.
The begin and end image tags [img] ...........{/img] with that same web address in between is the normal way to embed them but the address code given on your web hosted pictures is a bit odd. I will copy and paste the forum display code that they provide. It seems to display a thumbnail image that will open a new window with the larger one when you click on it like this........

to try the normal way; go to the display of the image on your picture hosting site. Hover the mouse over the image there, right click and choose "copy image location" from the drop down menu. Then paste that into the image tags [img}..here...[/img].

you can do that paste image tag manually or click on the "enter an image" button from the top of the forum editor box to have the software create the tags for you.

Courtesy of a WOMBAT
* (Waste Of Money Brains And Talent)

YMMV
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks Lees, I've learnt something. And will try again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.