April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, Jimmy W), 410 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#471827 02/08/17 08:54 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Friend has a 20ga Miroku which would be suitable for my grand daughter. I am trying to figure out a fair price. The same gun marked as a Charles Daly O/U would probably be valued around $900 dollars. Would the Miroku brand name reduce that significantly?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not to me
Same gun, in fact, G.I. would buy a Miroku in Japan and when the got to New York, Daly had a shop to stamp the guns in the states.
At least that is the story that I have heard for many years.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Over-Under-Shotguns/BI.aspx?Keywords=miroku&g=300004
Mike

Last edited by skeettx; 02/08/17 09:08 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why would the original makers name reduce the value of the gun?

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miroku name is less known/recognized here than abroad, so worth something less(?), yes.

I'd be more interested in the gun's condition and the specification(s) meeting her need(s) for intended use.

There are more than one method of the forearm attaching. All work well enough, earlier versions were more labor intensive to build, not less reliable. No down side to early, it just takes a few moments longer to assemble.

Plan on eventually replacing a main spring if the gun is going to be used a lot, IMO some of the earlier guns did not quite have the spring temper correct for infinite durability, only a few tens of thousands of rounds.. and I do not think it makes a bit of dif. it the hammers are left cocked or the springs are unloaded when the guns are stored. I've seen people have a spring break both ways; the common factor being LOTS of use!

More than you asked, but they are good value if not abused.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have Mirokus and Dalys and there seems to be no practical difference, except that the Miroku guns sometimes have nicer wood and engraving than the Dalys. For me, that would offset the slight difference in market valuation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Given that Miroku has made over a million Citoris for Browning (among other guns, including the Browning sxs), I don't think the name Miroku is going to be a negative to anyone in this country who knows much about shotguns. Matter of fact, I can't think of any poorly-made shotguns that have come out of Japan--including those from SKB (when they were still made in Japan), Winchester's Olin-Kodensha operation, or Miroku. A whole lot of very solid guns, at reasonable prices.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I currently have a 12ga/28in Anschutz marked Miroku...cant find anything wrong with any of the Miroku made guns....some of the earlier ones have v springs but that's fine.... $900 sounds more than fair unless its a shot to hell skeet gun.....

gunut

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.