Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen Stan

Sidelock
Sidelock

I almost never go to chain sporting goods stores. Although I was strongly tempted to buy Ithaca HogSlayer (Academy Sports exclusive) I never bought a firearm at one. The only time I bought anything from one was several boxes of Kent Bismuth which were on sale at Cabela's. That was only because LGS didn't have any to sell at all. Quite honestly I would be ok if all chain sporting goods stores went bankrupt. My new years resolution was not to shop at Walmart. I am blessed to be able to afford to shop elsewhere. Now I do my shopping at Whole Foods Market and Fresh Food Market.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You aren't going to find any double guns at Whole Foods or the Fresh Food Market Jagermeister. And old hypocrite is sure to get mad at you for going off-topic and discussing your grocery shopping.

I sincerely doubt if Gander Mountain would have done any better if you had been there... tire kicking and drooling on their counter tops... putting guns on layaway, and then backing out of the deal...

You still haven't answered the question I have asked you, oh, about 100 times now... Why do you post here when you don't even own any double guns?

I bought one antique Lefever G Grade that Gander Mountain had listed on Gunbroker. They shipped it to a store about 20 miles from me which saved me the shipping charge. But they insisted on doing an FFL transfer even though it was clearly a pre-1899 Antique gun with the two hook cocking system and sideplate mounted sears. Very smooth transaction other than the totally unnecessary paper work and NICS background check. I wish Gander Mountain was the only place that had gun salesmen who didn't know much about the product, or know the law pertaining to Antiques.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
You aren't going to find any double guns at Whole Foods or the Fresh Food Market Jagermeister. And old hypocrite is sure to get mad at you for going off-topic and discussing your grocery shopping.

I sincerely doubt if Gander Mountain would have done any better if you had been there... tire kicking and drooling on their counter tops... putting guns on layaway, and then backing out of the deal...

You still haven't answered the question I have asked you, oh, about 100 times now... Why do you post here when you don't even own any double guns?

I bought one antique Lefever G Grade that Gander Mountain had listed on Gunbroker. They shipped it to a store about 20 miles from me which saved me the shipping charge. But they insisted on doing an FFL transfer even though it was clearly a pre-1899 Antique gun with the two hook cocking system and sideplate mounted sears. Very smooth transaction other than the totally unnecessary paper work and NICS background check. I wish Gander Mountain was the only place that had gun salesmen who didn't know much about the product, or know the law pertaining to Antiques.

Them chain sporting goods stores aren't worth going to. For example, Gander Mountain clothing department consists of green or camo stuff and Cabela's is pretty much all camo Hecho en China. While Bass Pro has some far, far better selection I can buy better quality clothing for less or same at local SteinMart. Here you go, no reason for me to go to them at all. If all went under I would be just fine. By the way I found gun I have been waiting for better part of three years in used gun rack at LGS. Now it is mine, all mine.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought Gander regularly either declared bankruptcy or found a white knight to bail them out. I don't think this is their first rodeo. I could be wrong. Maybe it's just always looking for a bail out from a white knight. Their store here is nice and seems to do a decent business. They came here as the anchor retailer of a downtown river-front shopping area. Bass Pro was a possible anchor, but they wanted too much from the city to build there. Gander came in and virtually nothing else has happened with the area. Cabala's built on the northeast side of town and the retail area around their store has just exploded. I wish Sportsman's Warehouse was still open here. I really liked the store.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We're on email and get catalogs from MidwayUSA, Cabela's and Bass Pro. All are pushing their clothing and sown goods. Our daughter-in-law is a purchasing executive for a large international company and says the markup on clothing produced in Pacific Asian rim countries is shocking. That $200 pair of boots marked down to $150 they are still making $120 on. See the folding knife with Winchester brand for $5 at Wal-Mart? Wal-Mart probably paid .75 cents. The Winchester name on the package cost more than the knife.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bibbyman
We're on email and get catalogs from MidwayUSA, Cabela's and Bass Pro. All are pushing their clothing and sown goods. Our daughter-in-law is a purchasing executive for a large international company and says the markup on clothing produced in Pacific Asian rim countries is shocking. That $200 pair of boots marked down to $150 they are still making $120 on. See the folding knife with Winchester brand for $5 at Wal-Mart? Wal-Mart probably paid .75 cents. The Winchester name on the package cost more than the knife.

.......The shoes sold here for $30 cost about $2 to $3 per pair.....oh, about half a dozen years ago top factory manufacturing job in China paid about $400 per month.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Years ago I worked as a profuct designer in a major company. Across town a machine shop made an industrial strength door handles - about 150/day. There were many machine steps, bending, welding of three parts to make an assembly. Price was $7.50 ea.

We received raw part and tumble cleaned them, cadmium plated, primed and painted them.

Chinese got with purchasing and bid making the handle. They forged the basic part thus eliminated several machine and bending. The forging included the feature that were previously separate parts. The part that was welded on was welded by resistance welding that produced a neat appearance and prevented corrosion from forming under the part. They cleaned, plated, primed, and painted the part. Delivered for 75 cents ea.

Sidelock
Sidelock

GM won't change a wrong description of a shotgun, nor the ridiculous tag price. Case in point: GM in Kentwood, MI (Grand Rapids) has had a Hollenbeck 12 bore with Krupp Flustahl barrels- 32" F&F, 2& 5/8" chambers- ejectors that are non-working and DT- listed as a "LeFever CE grade" and are asking $3750.00-- I have pointed out that error to the Gun Dept Manager 3 times, and I am tired of wasting my time- they will probably own that Fubared purchase until the Chapter 11 lads come in a close out the store.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I go by a brand new Gander Mountain Mountain twice a day. The store is new within a couple of years. Very nice and cleaned and well stock. Discounted signs all over. Nothing on guns.

Have only ever purchased two items ever.

They will either fold, reorganize, or n investment firms buys them out.

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.