April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ted Schefelbein, NCTarheel, SKB, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 416 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,470
Posts545,148
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have the good fortune to have taken over my son's room after he moved out and turned it into my gun room, complete with bird mounts, safe, desk, gun library, small sofa, and the like. My wife has my daughters old room for whatever she likes. I love it when the kids vacate.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

No problem keeping a safe in an unheated, basically outside space. Just remember these two things and all will be well ....... Goldenrod and Eezox.

I speak from many years experience with the exact conditions you will be experiencing, plus the astronomical humidity of the South.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,

I use black powder shells in all my sxs guns. I clean them with soap and water, use wonder lube and a product similar to Renaissance wax. I have found after about a year the wonderlube in the barrel goes off and they need a good cleaning. I was wondering if after cleaning I ran a patch of Eezox down the barrel if that might cause me extreme barrel fouling problems in my first few shots since black powder and petroleum products don't get along so well.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tamid, I'm sorry I can't answer that question. I shot my m/l rifles, and a 16 ga. Manton, for years and after thoroughly cleaning the bores, and thoroughly drying them, I protected them with RIG. I never have had any problem with long term storage of them. They are the guns that will try the abilities of the Eezox the most. I am "easing my way" into using the Eezox to protect them. All others I am comfortable recommending Eezox for protecting and lubing.

And a nice added bonus, it's the best smelling stuff you can imagine.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I have a gun going into "retirement/long term disuse," I scrub inside bores and apply Ren wax. Anyone else use wax on the bores?

DDA

Sidelock
Sidelock

Golden rods and check it once a week

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Rocketman
When I have a gun going into "retirement/long term disuse," I scrub inside bores and apply Ren wax. Anyone else use wax on the bores?

DDA

I have used Ren wax on the exterior but never have on the inside the bore. Lately I have not ren waxed much except on wood. I just wipe exterior metal non barrel surfaces with light coating of eezox then eezox oil the hell out the barrels inside and out and store muzzle down.

I found that be reducing my total number of guns in favour of quality I simplified the tasks significantly. As of late I find I use two guns of nineteen 99% of the time and the rest sit. I guess I need to reduce stock on hand again as I have crept back up in numbers yet again.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Don A Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Been like 15 years now I've been using the eezox myself great stuff

Sidelock
Sidelock

This stuff is the "Cutting Edge" for bore and metal protection. Especially if you use the barrel inserts. Whenever I take in a set of barrels that I'm not going to work on immediately, the entire tubes get a coating. I also coat all bores with it after polishing before I return a set of tubes. A friend of mine uses it on his trap gun that spends a lot of time cased in his truck for effective rust prevention.

theinhibitor.com

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.