Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Grouse Guy

Not a bad workhorse you found there. It is improved because it comes with thin choke tube system and recently freshened up look. A big and worthwhile upgrade imo. I can tell you now Winchester boys will hate them choke tubes. I would say if you need knockabout gun it is worthy of consideration and respectable offer to the sellers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As a lefty, I have no use for a single trigger gun with the barrel selector as a button in the trigger. They are always set up for the open barrel with the button on the right and it is awkward to change from the left side. The only M21 that I own is a straight grip trap model with single trigger and extractors that I got cheap.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tom Martin
As a lefty, I have no use for a single trigger gun with the barrel selector as a button in the trigger. They are always set up for the open barrel with the button on the right and it is awkward to change from the left side. The only M21 that I own is a straight grip trap model with single trigger and extractors that I got cheap.

As left-handed shooter your ideal gun can not be large factory or mass-produced. What you need is shotgun with appropriate cast, trigger arrangement and lever that operates right to left. That requires custom ordered gun or second-hand one made that way for somebody else. I'm sorry to tell you this but Winchester 21 isn't that shotgun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tom Martin
As a lefty, I have no use for a single trigger gun with the barrel selector as a button in the trigger. They are always set up for the open barrel with the button on the right and it is awkward to change from the left side.

That's a little hard for me to understand. It is no harder for a lefty to push from right to left than it is for a righty to push from left to right. As a right-handed shooter I used to shoot O/Us with this type barrel selector all the time, and never noticed it being a problem to move from left to right. I just curled my finger under the trigger guard and pressed it.

Not being argumentative, Tom, just don't understand why it is that bad of a deal for you.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
M&M Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

pooch, this one weights 6.53 lbs. and has an MOI of 1.3 on Don Amos's machine. With 26" barrels, it's pretty quick. Also, 16 gauge.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Grouse Guy

there ya go....asking 4k for a reblued choke tubed 21.....that's about as far from sane as it gets....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jagermeister: I have no problems with guns that have no cast or with the standard lever or trigger set up. I do like a left hand palm swell, but it doesn't really affect my shooting like the safety does. The safety on the Remington 3200, the Ruger Red Label, and the Miller trigger on an IJ Skeeter that I once owned are ideal for me, being truly ambidextrous, as the barrel selection is just part of taking the gun off safe, with no extra motion of my hand required.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Last edited by Tom Martin; 03/06/17 10:40 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is easy to understand why he has issue with Model 21 selector. It is the same as Ithaca Sakaba selector. To take the gun off safe one needs to push from right to left, but for left handed shooter it should be left to right. When one realizes that index finger does to pushing the problem becomes quite clear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The good news is that Model 21s with the tight choke on the right are not unheard of. It was a John Olin thing.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.