Some of you may have heard about the fire at MM&S in Augusta, Kansas. The second floor was destroyed, which is where Jim Greenwood had his shop. This from the March 6 Eldorado Leader...
"The second story of an Augusta business was completely destroyed after a fire Friday afternoon.
Augusta firefighters along with Towanda, Andover and Douglass firefighters responded to Michael Murphy and Sons, 6400 SW Hunter Rd., around 11:30 a.m. for a structure fire.
It took two hours to get the fire under control. Firefighters had to go on the defensive due to the amount of ammunition housed in the business being set off due to intense heat.
Augusta Fire Chief Tyler Brewer said the ammunition was the primary difficulty in fighting the fire. Michael Murphy and Sons buys and sells guns and ammunition along with a sporting clay range.
The fire started on the second floor of the building, which was a total loss following the fire. There was no cost estimate to the damage at this time. Brewer said the cause was accidental.
One business employee was treated at the scene for minor injuries. No firefighters were injured."
Apparently Jim suffered some smoke inhalation trying to fight the fire but was not seriously hurt. The following is a link for anyone interested in contributing to help Jim and his family. https://www.youcaring.com/jimgreenwoodsfamily-771178