March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Cold1, CJF, Jimmy W, Hugh Lomas, AZMike, 1 invisible), 602 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#486601 07/27/17 12:01 PM
Jeff S Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Can anyone direct me towards a good source of information for my recently purchased Charles Daly? I believe it is a model 185, manufactured in Prussia by H. A. Lindner. It is one sweetheart of a 12 ga. and I would like to learn a little about it's history.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A GGCA publication on Charles Daly has some history, info & some great images.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would suggest you post some pictures of it on this site, making sure you have included all the proofs and other barrel markings. Including serial number. There are some very knowledgable Lindner experts here.

I have a Lindner and did what I'm suggesting you do. Found out lots.

Forgot to mention: there are a number of threads here devoted to discussing Lindner Dalys. Lots of great information is contained in them.

Last edited by canvasback; 07/27/17 07:26 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Jeff S Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey canvasback, I can take some pictures of it, but none will come out as clear as the ones jay posted on Guns International(item #GI 100884532). I hate sharing this information because someone will tell me that I paid too much. (Maybe, maybe not) I bought it 3 weeks ago and it is a sweetheart. Love shooting skeet with it and maybe this fall I'll hit a grouse. A 1911 12 ga. that weighs 6 lbs 4 oz. is a beautiful thing. Just please don't let me wife see this posting. Jeff

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeff, I mean this in the nicest possible way.

You are asking for some help in learning about your gun. This site and the German Gun collectors site are the two most important places when it comes to piecing together the history of Charles Daly Lindners. The people you are asking to respond are the people who figured out who Lindner was. Give them some help. Make it easier for them. Make an effort.

Take some clear pics and post them. They don't have to win beauty contests. They just need to be clear close ups. If you can't figure out how to post, ask for help. But make an effort. That's how this site works.

PS. None of us want our wives to see our posts or know what we paid. Or even know how many we have. You are in good company. Your secrets are safe here. laugh

Last edited by canvasback; 07/28/17 06:31 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Canvas-Back, I forwarded you some lifted images. There exists a set of initials(JW??) near the Crown over S(Schrot) on the underside of the left tube. With those known Ken61 checking my Lindner-Daly 2nd generation sequence calculus & if Georgi chimes in, I believe we can give a full account of what you have & the goings on @ the time. The Krupp tubes were more than likely sourced as blanks from Liege, more than likely thru Francotte, & the Schilling Forge near Suhl contributed all of that aspect of work. The D on the left flat notes contribution of components and is seen on almost all Suhl examples less Sauer. Unequivocally & including the wares from the Little British Isles, there exists not a more perfect platform than the belts & braces of the Lindner - Daly Anson & Deeley Body Action w/ intercepting scears. Components fine as clockwork.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Raimey.

Thanks for sending me those photos. I'm away from my computer this week and just have intermittent access to cell reception for my phone. Makes internet searches tough.

That Kirby always takes a nice bunch of photos.

When I bought my Lindner the horn insert on the forend was missing. It is my recollection that there was no indication of a screw hole in the vicinity of the insert. Claudio (CJO) has the gun at the moment and that missing insert is one of the things he is addressing. When I'm back next week I'll drop him a line and see if he can tell if there is evidence of a screw.

That's a lovely looking gun. Perhaps I'm getting prejuidiced but it just reeks of quality despite being what could be described as a mid range Lindner product. I haven't looked at Kirby's site or GI to see what our OP and newish member Jeff S paid but he has received a great gun.

Oops. Just realized that was from Jay Shachter not Kirby Hoyt

Last edited by canvasback; 07/29/17 04:19 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Canvas-Back:

Yes indeed, forgive the faux pas as it is Vintage Firearms of Michigan not Kirby's Vintage Doubles of Washington State.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey, nothing to forgive. I confuse them regularly. While I have had positive interaction with Kirby and none yet with Jay, they both could offer the rest of the trade lessons in well photographed and described inventory.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Those odd D stamps could easily point to either Gebrüder Decker or Deneke & Compagnie for either effort or a higher probability for Waffenteilefabrikation / gun parts.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.