May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
11 members (FlyChamps, Jimmy W, jake van dyke, buckstix, 3 invisible), 827 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,485
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
pooch Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gunut
and some guys actually "prefer" fat women.....

Before we get too judgemental on the looks of women, I would like to pass on a quote from one of the great philosophers I've known.

"Taken a look at us lately"

Greg always had something pithy to say. Not always appropriate but always pithy. He was taken from us too soon. Run over by a car while using a snow blower on his drive way.

Last edited by pooch; 08/09/17 07:42 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A side by side is my choice and I shoot them better than an o/u and oh they look so much better in my opinion.Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

After aquiring several SxS's and falling in love with them, my O/U's were sold. I like double triggers, staight stocks, and slender forends. Sort of reminds me of the ladies of my youth! After shooting the SxS's the O/U's just seemed so heavy to me, which is important to me because of shoulder surgery.
I know I can score better perhaps with the O/U, but shooting the various SxS events has shown me that it's about the expierence and not just the score card. Besides, I've been told that God The Father shoots a pair of Purdy hammer guns.
Karl

Last edited by Karl Graebner; 08/09/17 09:41 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Shoot what you like. I am more consistant with my O/U, I just like the SXS guns better!
I'll bet you find that most folks here have O/Us in addition to their SXS guns.

Best,
Ted

This!

I shoot my one O/U best but would prefer to shoot any of my SxS first.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Many years ago, I had an irrational love affair with the sxs shotgun. It was a near sickness. When I started shooting registered competition Sporting Clays in the late 90's, I was going to prove that I could be just as good with a sxs as everyone else was with their o/u's. After a couple of years, I realized I was maybe giving up a few targets by staying with the sxs, and bought a dedicated clays o/u. I shot it better, and the rest is history.

JR

I did the exact same thing, with the same motive, and got the same result. But, I still hunt with S x Ss 80% of the time, and shoot S x S competitions at every chance.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I gave them up and went to one of these,

The waterfowl hunting is just to good up around the Southern James Bay area of Pennsylvania plus the season lasts from September 1st to February 20th with minor breaks throughout. Plus no posted land because you can't post waterways.

What's not to love about waterfowl hunting. Except maybe plucking the damn bird.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would really like to comment on this but I can't come up with anything civil. Terms like "fool", "poser", "dolt", etc keep intruding so I'll spare you all my thots on having the DT's, so aptly named as to beggar further search for words.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well look at that, they finally caught up to me.

Screw Photobucket.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Many years ago, I had an irrational love affair with the sxs shotgun. It was a near sickness. When I started shooting registered competition Sporting Clays in the late 90's, I was going to prove that I could be just as good with a sxs as everyone else was with their o/u's. After a couple of years, I realized I was maybe giving up a few targets by staying with the sxs, and bought a dedicated clays o/u. I shot it better, and the rest is history.

JR

I did the exact same thing, with the same motive, and got the same result. But, I still hunt with S x Ss 80% of the time, and shoot S x S competitions at every chance.

SRH

If I had anything to hunt anymore, I would too, Stan. Truth be known, other than a few (and I do mean a few lol) dove, I've about grown weary of killing. But I do like the sxs events as well.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's my DU Banquet gun, a Beretta 686 20, converted to DT's by Cole:

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.