April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (eightbore, Jtplumb, Jimmy W, FlyChamps, skeettx), 1,073 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,136
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

At your price point and weight specification, I would go for the K-80 Parcours model. At least a pound less than the standard K-80 and fitted with wood that is more field oriented than target. After years of shooting nine pound Krieghoffs, I would love to switch to a 12 gauge Parcours model or a standard 20 gauge.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
Originally Posted By: LeFusil

Kreighooofs are simply too ugly to own.

Funny, I feel the same way about Perazzi’s.

Clearly, you are aesthetically challenged to an unfortunate degree. I've come to the belief that some people are simply devoid of any sense of form, just like being right or left handed.
You have my sympathies.

And this coming from a guy who pulls his dockers up to his tits and tucks in his t-shirts. Yea, a real class act.
You sir are a pompous prick who’s nuttier than squirrel poop.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kreighooofs are simply too ugly to own.

Funny, I feel the same way about Perazzi’s.

Clearly, you are aesthetically challenged to an unfortunate degree. I've come to the belief that some people are simply devoid of any sense of form, just like being right or left handed.
You have my sympathies.

And this coming from a guy who pulls his dockers up to his tits and tucks in his t-shirts. Yea, a real class act.
You sir are a pompous prick who’s nuttier than squirrel poop.

I'm not at all sure what might motivate your comments but they would ill become a gentleman. Or perhaps I'm mistaken and what you write passes for humor in the wilderness of the uncivilized West.
Have a nice day

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you trying to insinuate that you are a gentleman? That’s a laugher. Anyone can see your poorly veiled attempt at wit and sarcasm a mile away, guy. Try again. You may attempt to be as eloquent, brainy or “gentlemanly” as you wish, its just not gonna work with me. Your reputation around here is of a genuine doucher who looks down his nose at anyone who disagrees with your opinion. In your head, you truly believe that you’re just the smartest, most learned guy in the room. Cats out of the bag now eh. Have a nice day yourself, Mr. Wonko.

gwsmith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
The bigger problem I see is we know precious little about him, actually. Medium sized guy? Short, fat guy? Tall, rawboned guy? Younger than 30, or, older? Able to look at an adjustable stock without vomiting a little in his mouth? Do you shoot 1K rounds a month, or 50? Hey, I enjoy a beer drinking league that has a trap shooting problem as much as the next guy. Some of this has to be nailed down, before anyone can recommend anything at that price range. Lots of guns that would serve well, for much less than he is looking to spend, would be my first thought. And, I'll let it go at that.

Fair questions and I'll answer them to see if I get anything new. I'm about 6'1" and fat (pushing 300 lbs) - mid 40s. I mostly shoot waterfowl but not always with a double gun (a lot of my hunting is salt water and I stick with a Cerakoted Benelli) - I shoot a Super Fox quite a bit at ducks as well and occasionally a Model 21 Duck. Probably duck hunt 30-45 days per year. Living in central North Carolina - I don't hunt upland birds as much as I'd like - but both pheasant and quail hunt when I get invited somewhere (couple times per year). I shoot zero trap or skeet - but I do shoot sporting clays occasionally (more frequently now - teaching son to shoot). Definitely not 1K round per month - maybe 1K rounds in a good year. And no - I can't look at an adjustable stock without feeling somewhat nauseous. I've shot a K20 before (spent a day with one shooting doves in Argentina) and liked it. However I've not handled a Parcours yet. Beretta (used SO or maybe the Jubilee) has sort of been what I've been thinking about - just curious what else I should consider. I own ~10 side by sides and zero O/Us right now - just interested in trying something different. This isn't meant to be a "once in a lifetime" purchase - just looking for a solid O/U that could be used to hunt and shoot clays. I probably won't be carrying it extensively but want to be able to carry it some as I get older if so desired.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless you just particularly want to have an expensive O/U you may not even like, your best bet might be to borrow a Beretta 680 series gun and try it. If that one's not right, borrow a Browning Citori, then maybe move up to CSMC and so on. Its ok to test drive. Just a suggestion...Geo

I know of a Ducks Unlimited 20ga Beretta 686 that is about to go on sale here that might be worth looking at(but it does not cost 15k).

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is a very nice B2G Superposed made in the custom shop that is a really good value priced where Steve has it. Custom shop leather case, lots of quality, cannot go wrong:
https://stevebarnettfineguns.com/brownin...rposed-12-gauge

Nice S3 EELL Beretta that you would never regret:
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100863768
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 11/27/17 09:45 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you trying to insinuate that you are a gentleman? That’s a laugher. Anyone can see your poorly veiled attempt at wit and sarcasm a mile away, guy. Try again. You may attempt to be as eloquent, brainy or “gentlemanly” as you wish, its just not gonna work with me. Your reputation around here is of a genuine doucher who looks down his nose at anyone who disagrees with your opinion. In your head, you truly believe that you’re just the smartest, most learned guy in the room. Cats out of the bag now eh. Have a nice day yourself, Mr. Wonko.

!DANG!! Saw right thru me, dinja? I had no idea I was so despised. That must simply be yet another aspect of my living in denial. I can only take comfort in

you can fool all of the people some of the time
and
you can fool some of the people all of the time

and that'll just have to be good enough for me, eh?

thanks for the insight

Dr.WtS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Wonk

There’s a thread about patterns and regulation going on. See if you can set them fellers straight. I patterned my RBL on the side of an Econoline van that was abandoned in the woods. Kinda tough to get a good read on things cause it was pretty well shot up. Spino barked at it a couple times and we deemed it good enough for blasting squirrels out of trees.

Nice Spring day here in Detroit. Out back drinking and smoking.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dear Lonesome

If you're in Detroit I don't understand at all why you'd have to go to the woods to find an abandoned vehicle to shoot at? I did check out that thread some time ago and it seemed to me at the time that would not be able to contribute anything of substance.

John - - that is one hot looking S3EELL. If my lust ration was not already committed ................. I may have to re-evaluate

Dr.WtS
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.