March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Lloyd3, SKB, Argo44, FlyChamps, 2 invisible), 361 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,003
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for those 2 links John - nice guns!

JNW Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

gw,
If you are a sxs guy you need to buy a Perazzi. They handle more like a sxs than any other o/u and you can spec one any way you like. I would get one with a drop out trigger group using coil springs as this would be very reliable and be nice for cleaning while hunting and traveling. The best would be a drop out double trigger, but they ran out of those parts years ago. I have seen a Perazzi game gun with a solid rib and it was very nice. This would give it a definite game gun look. Order it with fixed full chokes and then have Briley install thin wall choke tubes. This will give it great versatility and maintain the wonderful handling qualities of the fixed choke barrels. Factory Perazzi screw in chokes are a tool of Satan. Unattractive and ruin the handling. Let us know what kind of Perazzi you end up with. Pics are a must.
Regards,
Jeff

Last edited by JNW; 11/28/17 11:26 PM.

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."
Wesley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Agree about a special order Perazzi. Might be your best choice. The price goes up really fast though!
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dang if I don't think I've found your gun:
http://www.pacificsportingarms.com/product/?skuid=7395&model=Perazzi-MX12-SC2-Game-12GA-30-135
The more I look at it the better I like it. Oh sh*t, what a nice gun.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 11/29/17 01:34 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is a beauty. Wonder what it weighs?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Blaser F3

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
That is a beauty. Wonder what it weighs?

SRH

I'm guessing right around 8, Stan. For such a nice example, it looks like the stock may be too straight for me. Looks like a straight parallel comb. Worth a phone call for specs.
JR

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would just like to comment on the choke tube thing. Perazzi factory choke tubes may be thought to be unattractive BUT the barrel is formed to accommodate them and the ones I have (several) do not feel any different to me than the fixed chokes. I'm constantly puzzled as to why appearance is more important than function. Most, if not all flush factory choke tubes these days are pretty difficult to detect even at arm's length. As to the aftermarket tubes they are cut into a barrel that was NOT formed to accommodate them and void any factory warranty. I have had Briley chokes in one gun and will never have them in another. Aftermarket tubes as well will affect resale if that is a consideration. From what I've read, I'm not alone on the aftermarket issue.
just sayin'

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Dang if I don't think I've found your gun:
http://www.pacificsportingarms.com/product/?skuid=7395&model=Perazzi-MX12-SC2-Game-12GA-30-135
The more I look at it the better I like it. Oh sh*t, what a nice gun.
JR

!!!! POR !!!! As was mentioned in that dealer thread, WTF is the point of that? Am I supposed to be wowed by some POR induced exclusivity? What crap!

BTW the Perazzi DC12 SxS is available as a game gun configuration I understand. Prolly not much different $ than the MX12

I have other comments available as well. They are of course, POR if you are interested.

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 11/29/17 12:25 PM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
JNW Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not everyone can feel the difference in balance between a fixed choke and a screw choke gun, but I can. I also prefer the look of flush fixed chokes. Part of the fun of shooting my Perazzi is how pretty it is. If you like their factory fixed chokes that is fine. Thats why they make different guns!
I dont like the H type safety on Perazzis fixed trigger guns. Never have been able to run one in the field. I would have to make it non-selective.
Jeff

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."
Wesley
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.