April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Sandlapper, WJW), 1,100 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,121
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41863 05/31/07 04:39 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I just watched this week's episode. As usual, it was very well filmed and had excellent production values. However, I'm getting real tired of 30 minute infomercials for Highland Hills Ranch that are presented as entertainment shows. This must have been the 3d or 4th one.

sv

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Steve it's the old saying, "if it's free it's for me."
Wouldn't you do the same? It's a shame the tv people didn't shuffle the shows around.

David

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely continue watching and I have all the episodes on tape. Earlier shows from Denmark, Scotland, Georgia, Maine, etc. really got my motor running. I like it every bit as much as the old American Sportsman show. But at the same time, I'd like a bit more variety. HHR couldn't have bought that kind of tv advertising unless their prices are a lot higher than I already think they must be.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve, you're right. These places that they show on tv are really nice, yeah you might even put up some wild birds now and then, but I'll bet that 70% are stocked birds, if not higher. I believe that in most of the big name states with a wild populations of pheasants, quail, if you charge people to hunt you have to supplement birds.
Your state should have the same thing.
These farms, ranches, it is big business now, more money than cattle, and can still put in crops to make money.

David

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Southeastern Nebraska hasn't gone that way ........ yet. There are more and more "preserve" operations that put out poultry for us to "scrimmage" with, but the few places that will put you on wild birds are in the western part of the state. Nebraska has not embraced the "pay to play" mindset of our northern neighbor so far.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't disagree with your point, Steve. However, that's the way these "free" programs work. Have you ever watched the Benelli program with their bullfrog-voiced showman-shooter? The whole program is one continuous Benelli commercial. I finally quit watching Fishing With Roland Martin, because as soon as he comes back on after a string of commercials, he's touting sunscreen products, the rod he's using, the reel and the line, while pretending he's showing some fishing footage.
Go to HHR's website and look at the fees they charge. They could pay for the program without commercial interruption.
Maybe Chris will jump in and comment. I, too, enjoy the programs.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve, I suppose there is no harm in asking:

Could I get copies of the program? I have no possibility whatsoever of seeing them down here unless some is kind enough to share them with me. :-)

JC(AL)

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JayCee
Steve, I suppose there is no harm in asking:

Could I get copies of the program? I have no possibility whatsoever of seeing them down here unless some is kind enough to share them with me. :-)

JC(AL)

No problem, I'll run another copy for you after they run all 13 episodes. All I'm going to have is VHS format. Pls send me your mailing address to sdvdiamond@yahoo.com

sv

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.