April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (David Williamson, Lloyd3, NCTarheel), 1,045 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,127
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

My fairly priced doubles on GB sell after 4-8 7 day auction cycles. Good pictures, thorough descriptions and wall measurements are critical.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Everything I ever listed here sold in a day or two. I haven't listed much, but, it must have been priced fairly.
I also sold a few guns to forum people who just asked me to let them know when I had something specific they were looking for. Never would have known about those folks without the forum.

But, there are far fewer buyers for much older guns that have some wear and tear on them then when I first started buying and selling old double guns.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

People wised up...

Sidelock
Sidelock

George,

I have been moving up my SxS collection for over 20 years.

Much like Parker/LCS/Fox folks, after 20-30 years of acquiring, you look for the very best.

Sadly, we haven't been very good at bringing a new generation to our hobby.

I think we can all agree a SxS starter is 12 ga, extractor, too much drop, no finish and most likely 30" bbls.

The interest in SxS starter guns is nill. I wish were not so,, but it is the current market. You might consider pricing your guns in light of the current market conditions.

Best of luck to you,

Joe in Charlotte

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well if prices for field shooters have collapsed, somebody forgot to tell people on gunbroker marketing French SxS's. I regularly look at French sites such at Naturabuy.Fr and am shocked by what I see on gunbroker. For instance, here's a Verney-Caron...but with no SN and no model number...with probably Brueil AuLaugnier barrels...with severe pitting inside and outside the barrels...and you can have it for only $10,000!
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/751994722

Last edited by Argo44; 03/08/18 12:07 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gene,
You can ask anything you want. Completed auction prices tell a far different story.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Reserve is likely only $9999. I call those type of guns decade guns. It will be for sale for a decade and still never sell. The problem I have with Gunbroker is that they allow seller to list gun for free, for ever or until they sell. It would be a much better sight if you could list a gun three times and then had to pay a listing fee after that. Most of the clutter would go away and what is listed would be things new to the sight instead of these decade guns that you just have to ignore forever.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GMCS
George I have in the past few years sold or given about 50 sxs away. I have donated quite a few to organizations like RGS, DU for raffles at some events. I have given all nieces and nephews
That shoot or wanted one. The guns I sold I do not regret taking a small loss to give someone a good deal. A couple of months ago I gave a nice parker that had been restocked and refinished to my buddies grand nephew at a duck hunt. A great kid that was over the moon happy. I grew up poor and wish that someone had done something like that for me. Try giving a few to worthy
Causes and young folks . It takes a lot of pressure off you and you get to feel pretty good......

GMSC, very well said. I hope you are rewarded in some way for your generosity. There are a lot of threads on this forum that speak of guns that are cherished because they were passed down or gifted. Like you, I also wish that someone had done something like that for me. Actions such as yours are a fantastic example of how to keep the love of double guns & hunting alive.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: George L.
I have reached the age where I need to start disposing of things. Specifically my double gun and historical collection. I have tried a local auctioneer with only a little success. I contacted James Julia who sent people from Poulin's Auction. They "lowballed" everything. I am only looking for a fair estimate and pricing. I would prefer to sell to individual collectors and sportsmen and sportswomen. I am looking for advice. What I have can be seen on my website at www.mylandco.com Select "Sporting, Guns, etc." Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards, George

At some point you need to really look at what you have and what is a realistic price for those guns. James Julia doesn't handle very many guns in the condition of the guns you have for sale. Not that they are junk, but being old won't sell guns, condition will.

Pictures are your best help and you need to use better pictures that show what the gun is. I am trying to be objective and not critical, but your collection has a few decent guns, but most are of moderate interest at best.

I would recommend you get help and be prepared to drop your prices and expectations of selling your collection. What suits one person, rarely suits someone else and you are looking for a bunch of individual buyers to sell those guns to, as no one would be interested in them as a lot without you taking a beating on what you want for them.

Good luck, but you really need to start over and process the descriptions and pictures to get serious buyers interested in your guns.

Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is, listening to Texans..John Steinbeck
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

George,

"jackthedog" from Oregon on www.gunauction.com has 10,930 sales with a 100% positive feedback. He takes the best pictures and gives the most detailed descriptions on the Internet. He does his homework and describes in detail both the good and the bad of each firearm; and if you purchase a firearm from him you do not have any surprises. He starts all his auctions at $0 with no reserve, and people purchase from him with confidence. I have purchased from him and recommend him without hesitation. If I had a collection such as yours, I would contact "jackthedog." I sincerely believe he would be able to maximize your investment recovery over anyone or anything else you could do with them. There are many people who follow his auctions religiously.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.