April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, Kolar Dickson, Marks_21), 1,189 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,140
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig;
King Does Indeed know that. He is too well known on this board to hide his true Anti feeling toward our constitution.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

craig, the board knows my position on the Second. It's a national, enduring debate, observed in thousands of jurisdictions in similar and different ways. Some members see it the same way and some don't but that doesn't make them less or more as citizens. Some see background and bump as anti-gun, unconstitutional, but none here say its most powerful proponent is anti-gun. Canada similarly doesn't want firearms concealed or not in public spaces but that doesn't make it anti-gun. Your president wanting changes because "something has to be done" doesn't make him anti-gun. If it does, have members said so here? If not, why not?

Reminds of the old saying in car racing circles: "When the green flag drops, the bullshit stops."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry King, but everything you mentioned in that post is anti-gun, albeit not necessarily in contravention of our Constitution...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Reminds of the old saying in car racing circles: "When the green flag drops, the bullshit stops."

The folks that win the races don't just have the biggest attachments, they also win the mental game. You haven't been trying a little psuedo decorum, rope-a-dope, bs(?) to lobby for anything, have you?

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

King,the government couldn't protect the teachers and students at the school in fla.so the knee jerk solution is to disarm, or make it more difficult for people not responsible for the failure, to protect themselves or others,at 18 you can vote and go into the military,

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your post exemplifies what true friendship is, a place of expression of a wide range of ideas, harsh truths, some with an edge of social purpose, some not, some even a little crazy, no apologies needed.

In this case, you may have read my words differently because we're survivors of different experiences. We may have different notions of logic, a regulation of words if not used clearly and precisely can prove everything.

What was normal for the South when I was covering it left others in your country and world thinking hell was an improvement. Condy Rice professing support for the Second today said guns were needed to protect her communities from the white night riders. But thumbs down on assault weapons.

Your earlier comment that you respected the office of the president when the world was bug-eyed with what was coming out of Washington was interesting to me. I took it to mean your respect for your country's great institutions. I didn't follow-up because to me it could have been seen as bullying.

So words mean something. What you read as anti-gun in my post was antithetical to the careful regulation of my words and meaning (to keep the political out of it) because I don't think anti-gun, talk anti-gun in any way that my words could be construed north of the border.

I can't take back what I said about the Second as an enduring debate. It's part of America's historical record.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This crap won't even make it out of the House.....
At any rate, I hope the dem/libs take note of the mistletoe attached to the back of my jeans.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....What was normal for the South when I was covering it left others in your country and world thinking hell was an improvement....

...So words mean something....

....the careful regulation of my words and meaning (to keep the political out of it) because I don't think anti-gun, talk anti-gun in any way that my words could be construed north of the border.

I can't take back what I said about the Second as an enduring debate. It's part of America's historical record.

Lot's of friendly food for thought, thanks King.

I can see the importance of the historical record, and how that record influences the enduring debate. When you had an opportunity to 'cover' the South, fabricate part of America's historical record, why was it painted with the broad brush of being worse than hell?

I usually quote them, but for being so non political, you tend to attribute negative emotional adjectives to the pro side of the uniquely US situation. What if you substituted, sparkles, or smilie faces, or spring has sprung, instead of white night riders, or bullying, or gratuitously interjecting the notion of surviving, would your thought have less of a political and ideological impact? Since Florida will charge, try and convict a fourteen year old as an adult, will you join me in calling for a, let's say bright and sunny, lowering of the age to purchase a long gun in that state that reflects an authoritative and reasoned determination of competence by a coequal branch of government?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Whoa, craig. Ease up. No need to fabricate. It was familiar nightly TV fare around the world. The South's finger to the Constitution wasn't a broad brush that brought in the 101st and 82nd to enforce the law, it was the daily narrow-brush violence against human values that forced Washington to act, as everyone knows here. All the talk of mental health, ages is a dodge. The president rightly says something has to be done and he says he will start with bumps and rigorous paperwork to limit access.

Sidelock
Sidelock

...The president rightly says something has to be done and he says he will start with bumps and rigorous paperwork to limit access.

I don't think he will. I think the President will keep 2nd amendment waters roiled until the mid-term elections and let the progressive 'tidal wave' hit the reef of the American vote and let that decide the issue of what he should do. The people will decide this one. I still say DOA...Geo

And I think it is important enough to send some more money to the NRA to help see that our side of the debate is heard.

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 03/04/18 08:50 PM. Reason: added final sentence
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.