April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,062 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

on guns. Nor on much of anything else (ammo, etc) related to shooting. Cabelas policy, pre-merger, was 5% off on everything. The points on my club card plus the 5% made a visit to Cabelas worthwhile. (Even better when their Gun Libraries had more than a handful of side by sides.) But with that slap in the face to vets, I might start looking for a new credit card.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A slap in the face? Gimme a break LB. They dont owe you anything. Nobody I know, to include myself chose to serve so theyd get a discount down the road. Anyone who expects a discount because of their military or public service or gets upset when a discount is no longer offered is being ridiculous. Im a veteran (an actual active duty one too) and a current public service employee, and I never ask for a discount. Would never even think to ask, its not what I served for, nobody owes me, or especially you, anything.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not bothered much. While I enjoyed the discounts, I did not expect them to last forever.

I do not believe any businesses is obligated to provide veterans a discount, but that said those who do get more patronage than those who dont.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't even know about their discount policy! Oh well, it do doesn't bother me.

Ken

Sidelock
Sidelock

As a Vietnam Vet nobody honored us when we came home, the Cabelas discount was a nice gesture to all vets. I won't miss it as I only used it once when the clerk asked me if I was a vet.

What I don't understand is the Home Depot has had eight parking spaces out in the lot near the contractor exit for Veterans, they just took the signs down. Kind of disappointing, that one wasn't costing them a penny.

I'm just rereading a book from a few years ago and it does raise the hairs on your neck in these times.

"Enemies Foreign And Domestic" by Mathew Bracken

Last edited by oskar; 03/03/18 11:55 PM.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not a hill to die on! I did not know Cabelas had a discount, As Oskar stated nice gesture for any business to offer a vet a discount.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
A slap in the face? Gimme a break LB. They dont owe you anything. Nobody I know, to include myself chose to serve so theyd get a discount down the road. Anyone who expects a discount because of their military or public service or gets upset when a discount is no longer offered is being ridiculous. Im a veteran (an actual active duty one too) and a current public service employee, and I never ask for a discount. Would never even think to ask, its not what I served for, nobody owes me, or especially you, anything.

I didn't serve to get a discount, Dustin. Hell, I never had to serve at all, given that college deferments were automatic back in the long ago draft era when I enlisted. And in case you missed it, something called "the one Army concept" started long ago. And it was good that the Army finally stopped categorizing those who served by the two letters that came before our old service numbers: RA for active enlistees, US for draftees, NG for National Guard ("no good"), ER for enlisted Reserve. Those obvious discriminators went away when they changed to using our SSN's. Sorry to see you're still stuck back in those Stone Age days. We all wore the same uniform. Guess you missed that too.

But hey, if you think it was wrong of Cabela's to offer vets a 5% discount and right of Bass Pro/Cabela's to change that policy post-merger . . . well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As a SEA vet, any courtesies extended by any company are greatly appreciated.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well there are AARP discounts, Senior discounts, AAA discounts, discounts for left-handed paper hangers; The percentage of Americans who have served in America is now down to ...what? less than 1%? .. so it wouldn't have hurt to have kept it. I didn't know about it either so won't miss it but it was a nice gesture.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

STFU Larry, you pogue. I didnt miss shit, I was active duty, you were a reservist. You missed it, Larry. . I did my time in the shit Larry, real MFs like me just dont run our mouths like you do. Listen, I have zero issue with reservist now, a lot of those guys actually do their time down range , its your types I have a problem with. Bumping your gums like you were some kind of real player, now whining like a [censored] cause you dont get your 5% discount.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.