April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Mark II, 12boreman, 67galaxie, ClapperZapper, buckstix, LeFusil), 197 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,462
Posts545,023
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20
keith #510137 03/31/18 01:04 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Him, God, The Great Spirit is all the same to me out of respect for all faiths, as I explained to Stan. As for the other, your posts are the most conspicuous self-abasement I've read on a website. Fill your boots. You don't realize your serial negativity and bombast makes you appear as a tiresome little man.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mostly a response to Miller's thoughtful post, lonesome. And I agreed with Sid as spearer previously.

Everything is politics, impossible to escape. All of us err in this respect although I believe people often get closer when they engage honestly on issues.

Impossible, of course, with the fragmented, polarized, confrontational and conflict of US public discourse today. Crazy to put your head in it.

I believe honestly asserted exchanges of opinions on values and history with members is separate from the partisan stuff which offers nothing to anyone.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I believe people often get closer when they engage honestly on issues.

Impossible, of course, with the fragmented, polarized, confrontational and conflict of US public discourse today....

We can get closer by being touchy feely, rather than honest, can't we?

It pains me to read that Canada is facing more gun control due to a spike in gun violence. Reuters reports that in a few short years gun crimes are up 30%, and gun homicides are up by two thirds. I for one am thankful it's just a hobby for you folks so there's none of the terrible problems that the US faces, eh? And now we learn that Nova Scotia has invented a new form of math known as afrocentric, I suppose because the old math was racist. Chaos-n-fragmented, or?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Him, God, The Great Spirit is all the same to me out of respect for all faiths, as I explained to Stan. As for the other, your posts are the most conspicuous self-abasement I've read on a website. Fill your boots. You don't realize your serial negativity and bombast makes you appear as a tiresome little man.

You don't realize that your serial bullshit and lies, which you will not and cannot back up, make you appear as a dishonest old fool who will say anything and go to any length to run away from the obvious. My boots are not filling because I am one here who refuses to step in your steaming piles of bullshit and dishonesty.

Your and my country are still a long way from living to the high standards of our constitutions and bills of rights because majorities making the rules aren't ready to cede to deserving minorities, constitutions be damned. Why should the rights of minorities have to be put to a vote anyway?

To answer this totally off-topic and political question... even though you are unable to answer my questions or address your obvious lies... and using the same logic you apply to our 2nd Amendment... because they are the subject of an enduring debate.

That's the second time you've used the term self-abasement. I'm glad to see that even at your age, you can still learn new words to try to impress folks with. Now don't you think it's time you learned what it means? Then perhaps you can stop your self-abasement. Nobody believes your bullshit King. More lies, more pretending you won't talk politics here, and more changing the subject to the rights of minorities or hockey isn't going to change that.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #510142 03/31/18 02:07 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
[

Why should the rights of minorities have to be put to a vote anyway?

[/quote]

Being a minority could be awful. I heard rumors about what is happening in the Republic of South Africa. If true EU has at least a moral obligation to put pressure on the government there to protect all their citizens there or better yet take the minority back into the EU. Sadly the "Golden Lass of EU" isn't going to intervene.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe in Jesus. I don't as many others believe in six-day creation, burning bushes,

Sorry king, wrong again. You cannot just believe as you wish by your own justification of events as they fit your comprehension.

John 5:46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.
John 5:47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words.

So if you don't believe six day creation EXACTLY as it is written in Genesis (firmament above & everything else) & every burning bush or golden calf, stone tablet, water from the rock that Moses wrote about, then how can you possibly believe in the teachings of Jesus, in His own words. The pope is another matter.

You might believe that historically He was a man who walked upon the Earth, but not who He is.
O.M

Sidelock
Sidelock

More than a man who walked the earth, Mr. Moses, a great teacher and striver for justice for all mankind who commanded that we love each other. I've struggled with my spirituality for a long time, since around 12 years old. There was so much in scripture that just didn't seem right, the creation story, Jonah in belly of a whale, eye for an eye etc. I wondered if God/The Great Spirit would give me a pass if I followed the Golden Rule and the Commandments.

I've asked my religious friends for guidance and they say the Bible is as confusing to others as it is to me. Once I was in a car driven by the diocesan vicar-general, an economist and friend. I told him that I got out the books about God during a 10-day illness. "Y'know, Father," I said, "it's really quite simple and you guys make it difficult." He replied, "Yes, it is and yes we do." I can't say I believe everything if I don't so I'll just do as I've been doing and keep hoping.

Thanks for your advice.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Man, Talk about an abuse of this web site! This has to be one of the classic.

Last edited by Walter C. Snyder; 03/31/18 10:19 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Walter, agree with you. Couldn't believe the numbers. I'm complicit. Practically, the thread had run out on 21s but then posts started flying with other interests and questions and it became a party after the publican called time.

I wouldn't take a 21 if offered to me. It's a club compared to so many American classics, way over-built. What's to recommend it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

abuse of this website would probably be non-existent if King Brown and a few other left wing yahoo's would take a long walk off a short pier.

Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.