May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (ClapperZapper, Argo44, Der Ami, old colonel, Roundsworth), 490 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,437
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Mr. Vernon we can't see what you post; it might as well be penned in the local PTA bulletin board. To all who continue to pay that extortionist web-site: Anyone who continues to use that fly-by-night, shake-down artist company, to pay them for what is free everywhere else, should just surrender their guns to the next car-jacker.

Last edited by Argo44; 04/10/18 04:01 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

I could not have said it better, Argo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sure it's a nice gun. I get that message "...to unlock your account visit photobucket.com/500 and pay $99 per year if I remember correctly to use the site for posting pics. tired

Sidelock
Sidelock

The 520 series pumps are great shotguns.
The 520 was the field grade. 522 the straight stocked Trap gun.
525 made to order fancy wood and checkered but no engraving.
The 535 was the top of the line. Made to order, engraved, best imported walnut, checkering, ect.
Hollow matted rib avail on the 522 and up.

Lots of engineering changes along the production life. Early (pre '15?) guns had a hang fire safety in them.

They had the same run up in class in the Models with their Model 425 Lever Action Rifle. The HighGrade offerings rarely seen as with the 520 shotguns.

Their higher grade SxS's aren't too hard to look at either.

added..
Is this the 535 in the OP?
Not many around.
http://archives.collectorsfirearms.com/?page=322&category=&product=s4245

Sidelock
Sidelock

Many years ago I saw a high grade Cresent .410. I know who ever knew they made one. But it was much nicer than I knew they were capable of making. Not a British best but just as good as a Smith. Shame I could not buy it. It was not for sale at any price.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes. that is the 535 in question. I have owned a few 520's in the past and paid in the 100 dollar range for them and have always been impressed with the quality and, of course, the Browning design. I knew of the 535's and knew they were very rare. If anything it looks better in person!

I have a day job and children in school sports and haven't been able to fool with the pictures today. I will post them using another image hosting service soon.

I have no idea why the photobucket image in on this post as I haven't tried to post a picture!!!

Last edited by wallis vernon; 04/10/18 05:22 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44
Mr. Vernon we can't see what you post; it might as well be penned in the local PTA bulletin board. To all who continue to pay that extortionist web-site: Anyone who continues to use that fly-by-night, shake-down artist company, to pay them for what is free everywhere else, should just surrender their guns to the next car-jacker.

And how about me, Argo? I pay them nothing, never have, and continue to be able to use their site to post pictures as often as I like. What should be my punishment?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Shunning? I don't know Stan..photobuket can be used to store photos. But if you want to post them on a forum it'll cost you. So if you post a photo here, the rest of us can't see it unless you are paying.

But the problem comes when you ask about the future. PB levied that $200 a year charge without warning and ruined thousands of hobby websites and lines like this. When I go back through DGS lines, it makes me want to punch somebody when you see what's been done. It was clearly an attempt at extortion. What happens if you are storing your photos there and next year they hold them hostage? Just saying.

Last edited by Argo44; 04/11/18 03:00 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll go through this once more. Even though you and many others here have to pay to use Pb to host pics I do not. Repeat .........I have never paid them a dime. Everybody keeps telling me sooner or later it will happen to me. Okay, maybe so. No big deal, my pics are stored someplace else even if I lost them there. but, please don't tell me I can't do what I certainly can do. I'll ride this old horse until it drops.

If you can see this pic, it was posted from my free photo bucket account.

Shazam ...........still works.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: wallis vernon
Yes. that is the 535 in question. I have owned a few 520's in the past and paid in the 100 dollar range for them and have always been impressed with the quality and, of course, the Browning design. I knew of the 535's and knew they were very rare. If anything it looks better in person!

That is a very early 520/535, and one fitted with the hang fire safety.
The inside fitted bolt slide capture screw is another feature of the very early guns.
I've only ever seen one 535 in person. I've had a dozen or more of the 520's and their different versions and brand names.
A Trap Gun was the highest grade I ever had.
Still have a liking for them.
A Stevens Model 200 (20ga 3") pump is a current project focus.
I don't think they made any upgraded Models to that one, or at least I've never seen or heard of any. Maybe it's about time for one.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.