April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 388 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Wondering who and what else I could look for

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lindner used Sauer actions. Many companies used that model Sauer action.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps the question might be who besides Charles Daly did Lindner make guns for?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I’ve been told that not only did he use Sauer actions Sauer had him work on some of their higher grade guns. Either it was done as a outside contractor or in stead of paying for the rough actions. A high grade Sauer is a very nice double indeed. I made the mistake of passing on one 30 years ago and still regret my mistake.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
...A high grade Sauer is a very nice double indeed. I made the mistake of passing on one 30 years ago and still regret my mistake.

Sauer Fine Guns

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
I’ve been told that not only did he use Sauer actions Sauer had him work on some of their higher grade guns. Either it was done as a outside contractor or in stead of paying for the rough actions. A high grade Sauer is a very nice double indeed. I made the mistake of passing on one 30 years ago and still regret my mistake.

Who knows with absolute certainty that any of that is true, but just knowing how ginormous the Sauer works was, the money they had, I tend to think they themselves had all of the talent necessary, to produce every gun marked as a Sauer totally and completely “in house”. They had no need at all to use outworkers, there was plenty of in house talent to rival any gunmaker in Germany at the time. Sauer was Germany’s version of W&C Scott.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Sauer I failed to buy was a 12 ga, Sauer which I am sure was a pre WWI gun with some of the finest metal and wood on it I have seen on any Sauer of that period. The fore end was much greater than a splinter but not a full beaver tail. It was just comfortable in the hand. The checker was very fine, I expect it was finer than 24 lines per inch. The seller claimed it was 28 or 30. The skill to cut that fine a job is beyond anything I'd ask anyone to do. Metal was engraved but not overly so and not it the deep Germanic style you often see. It was just a finely proportioned gun which I should have bought. One of many.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry B. Schuknecht, the custodian of Mr. Dietrich Apel's website, has made a lovely effort & complied info on mechanic H.A. Lindner & his wares that might answer some of your questions:

http://www.germanhuntingguns.com/archives/archive-lindner/

AKAH had averts for H.A. Lindner's wares.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ellenbr
Larry B. Schuknecht, the custodian of Mr. Dietrich Apel's website, has made a lovely effort & complied info on mechanic H.A. Lindner & his wares that might answer some of your questions:

http://www.germanhuntingguns.com/archives/archive-lindner/

AKAH had averts for H.A. Lindner's wares.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

That Larry B Shucknecht is a good guy. "The Dutchman" is a pretty good stock maker and gunsmith too. He's stocked two guns for me and the work on both was very good.

Thanks Ellenbr for posting the link to the Lindner article archive, pretty much everything one would care to know about Lindner guns is in there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the link, it was great to read and learn from.
Karl

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.