April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 276 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,458
Posts544,976
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I was visiting with an old scrounger today and bought an old 12 guage shotshell loading block. 2-1/2" brass hulls and plastic hulls trimmed and sized will slide into the "chambers". The hole above is smaller diameter and the very top has a radius. The top block indexes on the pegs in the bottom part.

There is just the remnant of a paper sticker and no other markings to who may have made or used it. My wife thinks it's home made. I don't think so. It is of tool maker quality and precisely made. I can see it used in an assembly line with people working at stations filling and stuffing components. Maybe they would have powder and shot dispensers that would drop 50 at a time?

Anyone see anything like this? Know anything about it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have one of the Erskine reloading machines in 20 bore, both regular shells and pinfire capable. Does 100 at a time. Different boards for different grains of Schultz powder and same for shot. https://paulcollis.dphoto.com/#/album/ec2b5l

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Bridgeport Gun Implement Company made those. The ramming/seating device had five plungers on a handle designed to be used with both hands. The block should be marked with a stamp showing 'B.G.I' with a number beneath it.

GMC(SW) - USN, Retired (1978-2001)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cornell Pubs has several Bridgeport Reloading catalogs
https://www.cornellpubs.com/old-guns/historic-bridgeport.php

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Roundsworth
The Bridgeport Gun Implement Company made those. The ramming/seating device had five plungers on a handle designed to be used with both hands. The block should be marked with a stamp showing 'B.G.I' with a number beneath it.

I took it out in the bright sunlight and looked it over closely but didn't find a B.G.I. stamp anywhere.

The crimp roller is marked B.G.I. I've had it and other old loading tools a long time.

I did a Google search for a B.G.I. box (and other combinations) but didn't come up with anything looking like this.

Last edited by Bibbyman; 04/28/18 09:22 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cool! Now THIS is a double gun thread!

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.