April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (barrel browner, Replacement, PALUNC, Tim in PA, ithaca1, 1 invisible), 443 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,478
Posts545,197
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Yesterday at 09:34 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#514417 05/24/18 08:18 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anybody have a good understanding of what this really means, or the purpose of it?

Copied from the F.A.I.R. website...........

"ISIDE GARDENA that has a double trigger / single trigger shooting system, ejector, divergent barrels, in order to have a large bullet group (oo) in shooting both shots with the rear double trigger actioned first."

Sounds to me like it has a trigger system that allows both barrels to be fired at once with the pull of one trigger.(?) And, horizontally diverging patterns. Sounds like just the ticket for riot control...............

I dunno.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 05/24/18 08:21 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I dunno either.
I have often thought that some of my guns had a divergent barrel
or two.
However if I sold the gun I don't think it would be good to advertise that.
O.M

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
Something was lost in translation and the translation may be 180 degrees off about convergent/divergent. It's awkwardly stated. However, I believe if you fire the rear double trigger first, it then acts as a single action trigger to fire the second barrel without reaching for the front trigger. I don't believe it is both barrels fired with one trigger pull. There a few double triggered Superposeds made to fire both barrels, one at a time, from one trigger without going to the second trigger regardless of sequence of trigger pulled. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup. Poor translation. Seems to refer to the same system that was used on the early Browning Superposed. Double triggers could function the way normal DT's do. But both barrels could also be fired with each of the individual triggers (one at a time). Front trigger would fire bottom barrel, then top. Rear trigger: reverse.

I'm still a little confused over the "divergent" thing--unless it maybe refers to one barrel set up for greater dispersion of the shot (with rifling). Relatively common on European woodcock guns.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I knew of the Superposed trigger system, and always found it strange, and redundant. If they don't really mean divergent, why the part about "large bullet group"................... and the "(oo)", as if they were trying to depict two horizontally divergent patterns?

I found that description accidentally while looking at some close-up pics of the Iside Tartaruga Gold, in .410, a few pics above it.

Strange.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Their are Spanish guns made for the european market that will fire both barrels if the rear trigger is pulled 1st. Herd it was used for some type of water fowl hunting????

Such a gun would be classified as a class 3 weapon in this country because you get more than one shot with one trigger pull.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark is correct, one trigger pull per barrel is required or the firearm is usually considered an NFA machine gun. However, the ATF has given some companies exemptions, such as the ridiculous Arsenal double barrel 1911 pistol. It fires both barrels with the single pull of the trigger and is not considered an NFA firearm by ATF.

Pulling the rear trigger first on a double barrel shotgun and firing both barrels is not a design that most hunters or shooters wish for. I've fixed a good number of doubles that were, well, doubling from poor sear and hammer contact/shape and tension. It's not the worst recoil in the world but it is unpleasant. I'm guessing their marketing department didn't hire the best translator.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
A Spanish gun that fires both barrels when one trigger is pulled is likely defective, it was not designed that way. Some Spanish guns are very good, but others have a reputation of having soft parts. Sears and sear notches are particularly known for that.
Mike

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

FAIR guns are not Spanish, they are Italian. FAIR stands for Fabbrica Armi Isidoro Rizzini.

I learned that about some Spanish guns long ago, Der Ami. Thanks.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Der Ami
Stan,
A Spanish gun that fires both barrels when one trigger is pulled is likely defective, it was not designed that way. Some Spanish guns are very good, but others have a reputation of having soft parts. Sears and sear notches are particularly known for that.
Mike

Mike I know of guns made and advertised to shoot both barrels when the back is pulled 1st or to work normal if pulled front then back. Pretty easy to build that way.

At one time the production side of Verney-Carron was selling Spanish guns like this to the European market.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.