March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 251 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have the same problem with several guns I want my wife to also be able to shoot - I need 1" additional LOP and the Galco velcro pads I have are 1/2".

Solution - I had several 5/8" closed cell foam backpack sleeping pads from when I was young and could sleep on a brick. I cut a piece to fit inside the Galco pads and they solved my problem - velcro pad with 1" additional LOP.

If you need some let me know - I'll be on vacation next week but can send the 2d week in June.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have looked at some small items on Ebay which were listed for $1.00, with Free Shipping from China (Not Gun Related). To buy these items here in the States would cost me about $10.00 plus tax.

I have been leery about ordering them, it just seems at that price there must be some Catch involved that I am missing. I mean How can anything be shipped for $1.00 & that includes the item purchased.
These pads are bigger, so that would seem to make shipping a good bit higher.
I mean they are selling the item & shipping it for in some cases less than shipping in the US, Even if it just goes 10 miles down the road.

In my case if I send something to someone 10 miles away by USPS it will go about 75 miles to the sorting facility & then be shipped the same 75 miles back to the receiver. Somehow they figure this is cheaper than the way they used to do it & sort it at the home post office & put local mail on the local route.

As far as Shame, I see no difference in buying a product made in China than ordering it direct, I just have not yet opted to do so.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Be careful what you get. It's been several years and I don't recall specifics but at one time I had two. One was a lace-on along the toe line, thin dark brown leather, looked cheap, I think came from Brownell's. It was fine. The other had velcro where it wrapped around the toe, was thicker, seemed very good quality and again, by recollection, it came from Galazan but I could be totally wrong. It looked great, seemed very good quality, and it rubbed the finish off the stock after only a few sessions shooting clays.

I can remember exactly what they looked like, just not where they came from.

Roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are photos without the Tourbon pad, (14"LOP) and with the pad installed. (15" LOP). As you can see, they add a full 1". This is with one of three foam inserts removed, so could go to 15.5" LOP. With any kind of slip on pad, you do not leave it installed while the gun is not in use, or it will affect the finish. I have used these Tourbon pads for over 2 years and they are as good as new. At this price, replace it every few years if needed. Toe to heel measurement on this gun is 5 1/8 in. and the size large pad fits perfectly.

Last edited by SXS 40; 06/01/18 01:11 AM.

HWK
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for taking the trouble to post those pics. That pad is indeed unique.

Leaving a pad on the gun can also change the color/finish of the wood. It has something to do with the pad blocking light rays I guess. I learned that the hard way many years ago.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice looking pad!

Owenjj3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK! Thats the product I was seeking. I do not mind purchasing from China, particularly if they offer a unique product that solves my LOP problem. Thanks for all the good advice.

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last edited by Birdog; 06/01/18 12:17 PM.

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd choose this one over the style showing elastic:
https://www.amazon.com/TOURBON-Genuine-L...ather+buttstock

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wild Skies,

The problem with that style, is the closure catches on your clothing during the gun mount.

HWK
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.