Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I own 3 old H&H's, and was hoping to get a glance at the record books to go slightly deeper than the copy of the entry I paid for. Has anyone found that either they or Purdey allow a glimpse into the workshop? That would be absolutely amazing to see, even if only for a few minutes!

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Dont forget to schedule a hot towel shave and razor haircut at Gentlemens tonic. Its just around the corner from Holland and Holland adjacent to William and son.

Make a day of it. See a tobacconist. Have a martini. Get a massage. Buy some tailored shirts w/cufflinks. They are located next to the gray tweed. wink

Make a mans day of It.

There are a couple websites that describe hour by hour a shooting mans day in Mayfair.
Lunch, drinks, services, hedonism incarnate.

Right On

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

William Evans is well worth a look. Been a while, but I used to make the rounds in London and see all the toys.

C Man
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: claycrusher1900
I own 3 old H&H's, and was hoping to get a glance at the record books to go slightly deeper than the copy of the entry I paid for. Has anyone found that either they or Purdey allow a glimpse into the workshop? That would be absolutely amazing to see, even if only for a few minutes!

I think both H&H and Purdey's workshops are well away from the shops, so it is not like it would have been years ago, where you could go out the door at the back of the shop, into the workshops. They may still accomodate your request though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't forget Ray Wards shop, and also Watson Brothers.

http://www.rwardgunmakers.com

http://www.watsonbrosgunmakers.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 1cdog
William Evans
Beretta Gallery
Holland & Holland
William & Son
James Purdey & Sons

All of these are within walking distance of each other in London. The most distance would be between William Evans and Purdey and that would only be about 4 blocks. Lots of good pubs/eating places in-between each gun shop. There are also some sporting stores (no guns but clothes and the such) to visit like Cordings owned by Eric Clapton.

The gunmakers shops are all very friendly. I would highly recommend taking a full day to do a walking tour of the gunmakers shops. And then go right back and do it again the next day too smile

I did this circuit last June and it was well worth it. The shops were all very friendly and spent time chatting even knowing I was only there as a tourist. I will definitely do it again when I am back in London.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.