March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ken Nelson, trw999, Argo44, 1 invisible), 373 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#522969 09/12/18 12:06 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Last year in Scotland the stalker put my rifle in a gun slip that carried like a back pack. But it was far more rugged, far better designed, and rode up high better than anything I had yet seen here in the USA.
Called the "QuickSlip."
The maker is Phil Ogden of Ogden's Shooting Supplies in Oldham, England. The slips are made in England and they show it. The two 50" versions I ordered just arrived, and they are spectacular.
We hunt deer and bear a lot with double rifles, and these slips are the best way I have found to transport them to the field and then within the field until you are ready to hunt.
For Americans, my experience is that Phil does not like to ship abroad, and I used Margarita at Bunduki Travel in Rusper, England, to handle the shipping. But these slips are worth every penny. They will last a life time. It is tough to find anything made like this any longer.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Nice products and competitive prices, sadly no rifle slings listed.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Steve, if you want rifle slings, have you tried the AccuRiser styles, made here in central PA? He makes them for flintlocks, double rifles, shotguns.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I have been looking at the Rigby silent sling with the thongs....might need to take the plunge.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gary will make you whatever you want. He is very talented, he shoots double rifles, and he is sensitive to what DR shooters need. If he doesn't have what you want, call him. Nice guy

NRA Life
FOAC Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's what Gary's slings look like. They are well made, strong and inexpensive. Not a common combination these days. I use it wading in and out of duck holes with my doubleguns. I remove it once I get where I'm going. Only takes a few seconds.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

NRA Life
FOAC Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

That would be great for my lever guns too

Sidelock
Sidelock

For years I was opposed to slings for shotguns, save turkey hunting.

Having a Manufrance with the built in sling has changed my mind. This year while walking back to the truck I have found it a nice feature.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The one pictured above is by accu-riser.com; Gary makes everything here in central PA, USA

NRA Life
FOAC Life
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.