March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 251 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Orvis sent out a notice this weekend that the previously private Hill Country shooting club will now be a Sandanona type Orvis facility.

ORVIS HILL COUNTRY SHOOTING GROUNDS AND SPORTING CLAYS COURSE TO OPEN IN SOUTHERN PENNSYLVANIA

In Early November, 2018 Orvis Hill Country Shooting Grounds and Sporting Clays Course will open in the rolling hills of southern Pennsylvania in the town of Blue Ridge Summit, just 25 minutes south of Gettysburg, and 1.5 hours from the Inner Harbor of Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, D.C.

The third property in the growing Orvis collection of shooting grounds and sporting clays courses, Orvis Hill Country joins Orvis Sandanona in New Yorks Hudson Valley, and the Orvis Shooting Grounds at Pursell Farms in central Alabama as three of the premier shooting grounds in the country, all offering the finest in sporting clays and upland hunting.

Encompassing 520 acres, Hill Country will offer a 15 station sporting clays course, 5-Stand, upland hunts, Continental pheasant shoots, and have planned to make it a premier location for their renown Wingshooting Schools. As at the other Orvis shooting grounds, private instruction is always available with Orviss highly trained instructional fly-fishing and wingshooting staff who can help you at any experience level, from the novice to the pro.

The Sporting Clays Course and all instructional features will be open to the public, but both private upland and sporting clays memberships with extended privileges and the highest level of access and exclusive services will be offered. These memberships will have the added benefit of reciprocal privileges at both Sandanona and Pursell Farms as a premier feature of membership in the Orvis Shooting Grounds Collection.

Operating as a private shooting club for the past five decades, the historic Main House at Hill Country dates from the 1700s and will house the full-service Orvis Pro Shop and Gun Room similar to the facilities at Sandanona and Pursell. The shop will carry the finest in shooting and upland hunting gear and the full-service gun room will feature fine shotguns and access to Orviss highly respected gunsmithing services.

https://www.orvis.com/s/orvis-hill-country/15167

DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Also, several job openings at the new facility have been posted on linkedin.com

Orvis hiring Sporting Clays Support Staff - Hill Country in ... - LinkedIn
1 day ago - Posted 1 day ago. The Hill Country Sporting Support Associate is one of the cultural leaders of the Hill Country tea..

Orvis hiring General Manager - Hill Country Shooting ... - LinkedIn
3 days ago - Desired: Hospitality ExperienceMarketingBusiness ManagementThe General Manager of Orvis Hill Country Shooting Grounds is ...

Orvis hiring Retail-office Manager - Hill Country Shooting in ... - LinkedIn
1 day ago - Desired: Management ExperienceHospitality ExperienceThe Retail Office Operation Manager is a business and cultural leader at the Hill ...

Orvis hiring Wing Shooting Instructor - Hill Country Shooting ... - LinkedIn
3 days ago - The Hill Country Wing Shooting Instructor/ Sporting Support will be responsible for the day to day shooting instruction activities for Orvis Hill ...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I liked Sandanona
Hopefully this one turns out as nice

Out there doing it best I can.
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Perfect place for the Vintagers to meet

Sidelock
Sidelock

I really like Sandanona so this new place should be nice.

I have lived 25 minutes from Blue Ridge Summit for 30 years but will be moving away soon to the Eastern Shore. Just my luck. There will be nothing like that where I'm moving.

Eeb is right, it might be a great venue for a Vintage Gunners Cup.

Sidelock
Sidelock

10 Miles North of the Thurmont Club were I have shot a number of f times. Beautiful country and a pleasant drive from South . You can avoid the DC area completely crossing the Potomac at Leesburg Rt 15, easy drive from North on I 78 too.

Vintagers ought to take a good look

Boats

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is not far from me. Cant wait!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I own a share of S&M Lodge (hunting preserve) near Gettysburg. I'll have to stop by on my trip next month.

Sidelock
Sidelock

S&M and Hill Country are very close together, both nice facilities. I am not a member or shareholder at S&M, but my dad and I have shot pheasants there since the early sixties when I was barely a teenager. I have also shot at Hill Country and found it a great facility with a husky membership fee. Now we can all go. Camp David is almost visible from Hill Country.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.