April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, Marks_21, susjwp, Lloyd3), 516 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,095
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#524788 10/03/18 07:14 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stan here's my Sunday go to meeting Benelli you so revere and turkeys fear...."Sows ear" cleaned up nice.

Now lest see your prized Yiltz. wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't revere the Yildiz................doves and rattlers do, thO'

Have a great Wednesday, Frank. And thanks for the pic. That inlay is nice.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice looking snake Stan!!
Is that the angle of the sun or do all your rattlers have the red tint??
He'd look nice on the back of a bow.

Last edited by tunes; 10/03/18 04:16 PM.

"It's a good day for something"
tunes #524841 10/03/18 04:17 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Snake does look good the Yiltz sows ear not so good....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
The phrase "pretty is as pretty does" comes to mind. Nice yield in the field!
Karl

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It's still a sows ear...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rudy,

Not all look so reddish. That was a late afternoon "shot", on the way home from the same dove shoot where I had just taken the other picture. Many are very dark, and others are yellowish. That was a young 'un, too, maybe three feet. I'll ship y'all one sometime, if you'd like.

jOe,

Sow's ear possibly. But, you know, a sow's ear does what it was intended to do for that sow perfectly. So does this Yildiz. Nobody ever claimed it to be a great or beautiful gun, at least not me. What I'd like an answer to is why you feel so compelled to put down other's guns. You go out of your way to belittle guns for sale on this site, point out every flaw on someone's pet double, and generally do whatever you can to make somebody else feel bad about what they've got. It's not revenge. I've never seen anyone belittle anything you pictured on this site. So, why do you think it is your job in life to point out every thing you can possibly see wrong with everybody else's stuff? Are you that insecure? How would you feel if someone went on some turkey call site belittling every call you ever made by pointing out the slight imperfections they may think they see in them? The fact that you have made a "career" out of doing this here has relegated you to a very "special" group of posters. You should be proud of yourself.

Calling the little Yildiz, that was a gift to me from a dear friend, a sow's ear doesn't ruffle my feathers a bit, and it doesn't surprise me. It certainly doesn't make me think any less of my friend because he didn't give me a H & H. And, I don't think any less of myself because I received the gift graciously. I've come to expect your kind of attitude from a few people.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 10/03/18 08:27 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, just a reminder... do you happen to recall what happened when jOe posted photos of his first attempt at making and installing a leather covered recoil pad several years ago?

He got criticized and ripped apart from a number of the "gentlemen" here. I personally thought his leather pad wasn't at all bad for a first effort. I sure as hell didn't think the unwarranted criticism by guys who probably would never attempt such a project would do anything to inspire others to share their work. I certainly haven't wanted to post any pics of any of my projects since I saw that... no matter how good, and I never forgot about it.

I don't believe you participated in that little pile-on, since that's not your style, but I did want to remind you that there are both double guns and double standards here. If Ted rips jOe in retaliation for jOe ripping Ted, for example, I prefer to stay neutral. Like a lot of feuds, sometimes it's hard to even remember who fired the first shots, or how they escalated, and it's better to stay out of it. Free entertainment too. Personally, I find an honest curmudgeon preferable to fake gentlemen. The way jOe directed this thread toward you, I took his comments as some good natured ribbing between friends. And I do admit to showing favoritism toward guys who support gun rights over those who undermine them.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't remember that, Keith. I'll take your word for it without trying to search for it, and I stand corrected. But, is JOe's belittling of most people's opinions and guns in retaliation for that incident?

Curmudgeon? Maybe so. But, having a name for it doesn't justify it, IMO.

SRH

keith #524876 10/03/18 10:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Stan, just a reminder... do you happen to recall what happened when jOe posted photos of his first attempt at making and installing a leather covered recoil pad several years ago?

He got criticized and ripped apart from a number of the "gentlemen" here. I personally thought his leather pad wasn't at all bad for a first effort. I sure as hell didn't think the unwarranted criticism by guys who probably would never attempt such a project would do anything to inspire others to share their work. I certainly haven't wanted to post any pics of any of my projects since I saw that... no matter how good, and I never forgot about it.

I don't believe you participated in that little pile-on, since that's not your style, but I did want to remind you that there are both double guns and double standards here. If Ted rips jOe in retaliation for jOe ripping Ted, for example, I prefer to stay neutral. Like a lot of feuds, sometimes it's hard to even remember who fired the first shots, or how they escalated, and it's better to stay out of it. Free entertainment too. Personally, I find an honest curmudgeon preferable to fake gentlemen. The way jOe directed this thread toward you, I took his comments as some good natured ribbing between friends. And I do admit to showing favoritism toward guys who support gun rights over those who undermine them.

Keith, perhaps, and this is just speculation on my part.....I dont remember jOes attempt at a leather covered pad.....perhaps jOe got piled on because he has been so consistently negative towards others guns here. Never a good word, always a criticism. You reap what you sow.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.