March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
12 members (eeb, earlyriser, Hammergun, ChiefAmungum, 2 invisible), 376 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,987
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yeah, not a double but maybe someone has some information that I could use.

Last Friday I bought a Winchester 1887 12 gauge made in in 1887. It looks to be in good mechanical condition but it's missing the extractor, plunger and spring. I've not found an original.

Would anyone know if the extractor from a Chiappa or Chinese clone would work?

I can get Chiappa 1887 extractor, etc at reasonable prices.

Thanks,

Sidelock
Sidelock

To the best of my limited knowledge of these, the early ones (I presume one like yours) were made with one extractor. Later they were made with both a left and right extractor,
The repro's AFAIK are copys of the later design and have the duel extractors,
I do not know it the early style used the same single side extractor as the later double extractor design.

All that aside,,the go to guy in a CowBoy Shooting Sports for '87 rebuilding (repro's and orig) is/was Tom Wildenauer
The last contact info I have for him was:
E-mail: lassiter45@aol.com
He goes by the name Lassiter on the SASS forums

His shop name I have listed as:
'Tom's Single Action Shop'
New Lebanon.OH 45345
937-687-1039

This info is from my notes of a while ago so no telling if it's still valid.
But an email or phone call will tell you quick enough and if he's still in the biz he can tell you straight away about your Mod1887.

You come up with the damnedest stuff..!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks,

I've exchanged emails with Lassiter today. He's the name that always comes up when there is a question about 1887s. He fell short of being sure if parts from reproduction 1887s would work.

We're cowboy action shooters so Lassiter is well known to us. That's not to say we know him well but we have met him.

The 87 back story.. A guy runs a well stocked gun shop and specializes in buying out collections, estates and other gun shops. A guy had a bar in his basement with an old west theme. He wanted to remodel it into a biker theme. So the store guy bought out the guns he had displayed on the walls. I'm guessing approaching 100 guns. This old Winchester was the one I bought.

This is what it looks like. So ugly it's beutifull.

Last edited by Bibbyman; 10/03/18 09:39 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.