May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (earlyriser, 2 invisible), 333 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,520
Posts545,753
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

I found a 1936 combination hunting and fishing license from Indiana in a Model 12 Winchester years ago. It turned out to belong to a deceased uncle of the then present owners neighbor, or something like that.

The thing that impressed me was the cost - $1.00!

My how inflation has ruined our money!

"The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference, they deserve a place of honor with all that is good". - George Washington
Sidelock
Sidelock

terc
Just like to let you know that the Model 21 20 ga. with the Draft Card in the stock still has it there. The only thing different about the gun that you sold me is that it is now a single trigger,Andy's Custom shop did the work. How are thinngs in Johnstown?
Best Regards
Gene

Sidelock
Sidelock

Distel, Things couldn't be better,tomarrow is our opening day of grouse season.I hope your enjoying the 21.If I had to make a list of guns I shouldn't have sold that one would be at the top of the list.
Dave

I have South Dakota hunting licenses from 1924 and 1925 in the butt of my 16ga 1919 mfg Model 12, bearing the signature of her original owner. The paper is getting brittle, but still quite legible. They were there when a family friend handed it down to me a few years ago. He bought it in SD in the late 40's. They must bring some good juju because the old girl hits better for me than any other shotgun I own.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunflint Charlie:
Years ago my dad gave me his old Rem. M-10 pumpgun, which his father had given him. A few years later I removed the buttplate and found a 1918 Minnesota hunting license, signed by my grandfather about a week before my dad was born. This was a pretty special find for me.
Now THAT is cool.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fireform - I later gave the old M-10 to my brother, but kept the old license in my hunting photo-journal, next to the SD license my dad bought and signed on our last pheasant hunting trip in Nov.'85, about 2 weeks before he died.

775 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael,

I have relatives, and spent much of my youth in and abouts Dowagiac. Finch Lake. Relatives still live there, any idea on the correct spelling of the fitter?

AAAAnnnd yes, right about now it's hitting me....the "A E Leopold" seems crystal clear!!!
(Can't be THE "AL", can it?!)

"A G Neidmer"?

Best,
Mark

Ms. Raven
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael,

Great photographs! Would like to know more about their origin, the tales & tails.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dr. Mann authored, "The Bullet's Flight", I may be a little off on the title, but it is a great book on exterior ballistics.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

TW,

I don’t want to hijack the thread so if enough folks have an interest I’ll move this to a new one.

Dr. Mann, Leopold, Niedner and Dr. Baker were four people who had a large influence on the modern high-speed accurate rifle before WWI. Any shooting magazine from these days had something in it about one or more of them. I collected information on a large scale on Mr. Niedner and a lot on the others as well. I am also lucky enough to have acquired a least one rifle that was owned by each of the four, I’m still shooting the Niedner-Borchardt that Dr. Baker is holding in the picture.

MP

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.