March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 295 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

What you said, Ted, is this forum is the best because its members comprise the best of the crafts and professions of our fraternity, and those who can't accommodate the weakening trash-talk and political trolling should move along.

Applying your notion to any valued organization, institution or country would leave them rotting from the head down, and first to leave would be those members we laud for their commitment and generous contributions.

DrBob Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You and your fellow communistic liberal brothers are the cause of every problem on every thread.

Get rid of the Muslim loving liberal/communist here and there will be no problems.

[/quote]
Case in point.
I find this forum to be the best place on the internet for doublegun related discussions due to the wide variety of participants with specialized knowledge. However, the constant interjection of personal insults into threads such as Drew's detract from the forum as a whole. I am talking about incivility from all sides of the political spectrum. I am not talking about censorship of civil political discourse in the appropriate thread, but hijacking a non-political thread. Name calling and personal attacks have no place in a discussion among gentlemen (and gentle ladies).

As for being a freeloader, you will see my name on the "Friends" list every year since 2010. While checking to see when I first donated I noticed the friends list gets shorter every year. I do know very knowledgeable people who do not participate here for the very reason of being sick of being personally attacked. I suspect (but cannot prove) that the Friends list is getting shorter every year for the same reason.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Guys,

My problem is not with the substance or even the topic matter of the hijackers. Its the fact that what they contribute is OFF TOPIC.

So for instance, that 50+ page Judge Kavenaugh thread? Have at it! The very headline on the thread indicates the heated and political nature of what the OP wanted to discuss. So anyone who clicked on it shouldnt have been surprised or upset at where it went.

But a thread on posting forum pics? I expect that to be what it says.

See, its a thread-by-thread issue. It isnt that anyone should be stifled from talking about a given topic, or even saying something that attacks or offends. Its just...do that where it is expected. Start a 2A thread and fire away at anti's if you like. I might even join in!

But if then someone decides to start a thread with a question about Tobin's...THAT is NOT the thread to sideline into personal/political stuff that is OFF TOPIC.

NDG

Sidelock
Sidelock

nudge: you hit the nail on the head...it aint the subject of off topic posts that is the problem...what is the problem, is the very existence of off topic posts...perhaps it would be helpful, if every time we see an off topic post, we hit the notify link and deluge the moderator with complaint messages, that simply state "off topic post". "please delete"...

Last edited by ed good; 11/03/18 02:51 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please, just label a topic, whatever that may be, doubleguns or political and stay on the stated topic. Let us choose what we want to read.

HWK
Sidelock
Sidelock

The extraneous crap that goes on here devalues the product to the point that I'm not paying for it. Simple capitalism at work. I also despise someone that advertises one thing and the actually sells another. Dave is doing exactly that.

Not a nickel from me.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
What you said....is this forum is the best because its members comprise the best of the crafts and professions of our fraternity, and those who can't accommodate the weakening trash-talk and political trolling should move along.

Applying your notion to any valued organization, institution or country would leave them rotting from the head down, and first to leave would be those members we laud for their commitment and generous contributions.

cback had an interesting observation about his recent upland swing through the Dakota's, wouldn't you say? It had something or another to do with the approach taken by one side of the aisle while he was stuck driving around and having to listen to whatever cobble up reception drug in the door?

When it comes to slowing rot between the ears, wouldn't a nugget to consider be that civility might be taken with a grain of salt?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
I just sent money to Dave.

And BTW...how do you know if he’s making a profit off of this website???? You go through his books? Talk to his accountant? Know something we don’t?

You don’t like it here, hit the bricks and quit free loading and being a [censored]. . You always have that option. Posting on a forum, asking for a boycott of donations to the forum owner, that should have you scrubs permanently banned.

If Keith accepted donations, I’d happily donate to him as well.... just to keep calling out the posers and fags. It’d be worth every penny.

And there you go... it is people like you who are the secondary problem here. The ones who find the likes of him to be “entertaining” or “funny”. It is neither. And if you feel that way, you guys deserve eachother.

Bob,

Thank you for speaking up on this subject. I am sure it will not result in any reform or any kind. But it is the least you can do. Save you money and put it back in the gun fund.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys gotta be kidding! There are somewhere around 80 contributors on the list. If they each contributed 50 bucks which I doubt we are talking about 4 grand. Subtract the expenses of running this board and it is obvious to me that Dave is providing this forum as a hobby, not a large stream of cash. There is no advertising either that I have noticed so give me a break and grow up. He is not going to spend all his spare time moderating against some immature babble mouths.

Stick to the topic as best you can and stop changing it. If you want to rant about politics then start a thread about that. Don't twist a topic into politics or sports. Make this board unpleasant enough and you will see Dave give up and walk away and close the board and you will have to go to Shooting Sportsman or some other place that does have a moderator.

There are about five people here who change the topic to sports and politics and disappoint the original poster who really wants info about his topic. Be more considerate of the original poster.

It is not Joe. He just interjects a caustic remark here and there and I am happy to see that. It keeps it lively.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't come here as much as I used to because interesting topics degrade to political arguments or just plain arguments. I posted this observation a few days ago. I truly miss "Misfires" I rarely go there and could enjoy a thread on a doublegun/shooting without wading through six pages of cr-p to see if the topic survived.

Count me as one disappointed member.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.