April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Steve Nash, smlekid, MattH, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 498 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
DrBob Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I didn't say I was boycotting the forum, just financial contributions until something is done about the constant interruption /hijacking of threads.
The site info says there are 13,502 members on this forum. I guess I won't be the only one scooting for free as I see some of my critics do.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: builder
It is not Joe. He just interjects a caustic remark here and there and I am happy to see that. It keeps it lively.

Case closed...

He put Mike in the insane asylum for crissakes.

Originally Posted By: LGF
Why was Misfires abandoned? It did seem to soak up most of the bile that now hijacks so many threads and I would welcome its return.

Life on The Rez was fine until the FAGs wrecked it.

Alabama at LSU. Should be good. And its Hockey Night in Canada.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DrBob
I didn't say I was boycotting the forum, just financial contributions until something is done about the constant interruption /hijacking of threads.
The site info says there are 13,502 members on this forum. I guess I won't be the only one scooting for free as I see some of my critics do.

I guess I misunderstood, Bob. You said........

Originally Posted By: DrBob
If you are a regular donor please join with me in a boycott until he addresses the issue.

Evidently you meant a boycott of the donations, but not of the usage of the site. If you're comfortable with a that, fine. I'd rather "pay as I go".

But, if you seriously think Dave is "profiting" off this forum, I think you may need to reconsider.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had the Communist/liberal/Muslim lover stuff tossed at me, which is a real knee slapper. If I were to report that to the REAL liberals (although I don't think they were card-carrying Party members) with whom I worked at a couple universities, I'd be guilty of homicide because they'd die laughing.

Then there's always the hypocrisy issue of the "Muslim lover" comment. Where I grew up and went to Sunday school, we learned that we're supposed to love our neighbors. I guess "neighbor" now means only those that go to the same church and have the same political views as the individuals tossing around such crap.

I've been hunting with two guys for over 40 years. They're both (shock!) DEMOCRATS! But guess what? They're solid supporters of the 2nd Amendment. One of them is retired military (as I am). The other one also served . . . as a helicopter door gunner in Vietnam.

Funny how some of those who sling that crap never got around to swearing an oath to protect the Constitution, much less signing up to serve their country. Hypocrites.

But I've chosen to exercise the ignore option and no longer have to listen to the hypocritical yapping.

Last edited by L. Brown; 11/03/18 08:02 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....I've been hunting with two guys for over 40 years. They're both (shock!) DEMOCRATS! But guess what? They're solid supporters of the 2nd Amendment. One of them is retired military (as I am). The other one also served . . . as a helicopter door gunner in Vietnam.

Funny how some of those who sling that crap never got around to swearing an oath to protect the Constitution, much less signing up to serve their country. Hypocrites.

But I've chosen to exercise the ignore option and no longer have to listen to the hypocritical yapping.

Since you're fond of throwing around the word, is it hypocritical to sell some folks here that the recipients of your buddies votes are pro 2nd., let alone protect the Constitution?

Instead of giving job resumes, retirement status and hunting prowess, why not 'discuss' the results of the fruits of their vote?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I assume DrBob read my reply to anti-gun Ed in the thread where Walt complained and announced his departure. But I'll repeat it here...

I wonder where Walt was during the literally thousands of times that King made wildly off-topic political posts? Why didn't he get all huffy and leave then? The same could be asked about all manner of off-topic threads and thread diversions that occur on a regular basis here. Since Walt has posted hundreds of pics of high grade Ithaca doubles, it's safe to assume he wasn't concerned with learning picture posting. But most of these emotional departures don't last anyway. Otherwise, B. Dudley would have remained gone after his hissy-fit farewell.

My recent thread asking guys to contact their Senators to confirm Judge Kavanaugh was not intended to become a political discussion, and I specifically requested that it shouldn't. But a few of our Liberals felt the need to denigrate a pro-2nd amendment nominee, and that thread went over 50 pages and generated more views and more interest than anything in recent memory except maybe Greg's annual Favorite Guns and Game Pictures thread. 16,664 views so far... that number is exceeded only by B. Dudley's tears. So much for the false sour grapes arguments from BrentD, B. Dudley, and a few others that claim political discussions drive people away. These guys should be working for CNN making up Fake News.

Maybe DrBob is really just upset that site traffic is way down on his new Lefever forum website. Ever since he took over the reins, after hackers were able to lock out the former administrators, the new forum has had much less traffic. Now there's a formula for failure that he apparently wishes to duplicate here. Since he "knows" that Dave is making a financial profit here, maybe he should disclose the finances of the Lefever Arms Collectors Association, and tell the members exactly what they are getting for their annual dues. It wasn't much... not even the right of members to nominate officers. The chincy newsletter was largely pictures of DrBob standing behind Lefever tables or shooting a shotgun at various shoots or shows. In my opinion, it was a big waste of money, and there is more good information on Lefever guns right here. Some former members have emailed or PM'd me to tell me why they dropped out of the LACA since it came under DrBobs leadership. Some complained about his apparent disinterest in informational articles they submitted to the newsletter that certainly would have been more useful than pics of DrBob and friends shooting a shotgun or standing behind a table. For someone so passionate about doubles, I sure am not impressed with his knowledge, or his off topic calls for censorship here.

I'll bet that if I became a thin-skinned whiner, and announced my departure because I was sick of Ed and King's anti-gun trolling, or hockey scores, or DNA testing threads, etc., he wouldn't be at all concerned about dwindling membership or interest. Just another hypocritical phony picking favorites like some school-girl popularity club. We know BrentD's real agenda is silencing anyone who disagrees with his belief in anti-lead ammunition junk science, and anyone who realizes he isn't near as intelligent as he thinks he is. It would be interesting to know DrBob's real agenda.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good morning fellow double gun enthusiasts,
After a good nights rest, I just wanted to clarify a few things, I read Walts post on the picture thread. I did not take that as meaning hes done with the forum. I really hope that we we will still see Walt frequent the forum. His knowledge is irreplaceable on Ithaca shot guns and the pictures of the rare Ithaca shotguns are always enjoyed.
Starting a thread announcing that youre done with the forum is what I feel draws attention only to yourself and is unnecessary.
Ive probably said too much, and will shut up now.
I enjoy reading posts about the double guns I enjoy, not so much the bickering and name calling.
I refuse to use the ignore option,
Good Day guys,
Stan

Sidelock
Sidelock

What a shock! A post about one man's suggestion about what to do about the board turning into a endless list of peeing contest is turning into a peeing contest.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The way I foresee a boycott of donations to the site is this..................... donations dry up to the point that Dave is falling far short of meeting his needs (not that I think this will happen). He looks and sees that those who have boycotted are still using the site as a freebie. He finally becomes disgusted and closes it down. This isn't economic sanctions we're talking about here. There is no basic life sustaining need for anyone to have access to a doublegun forum. It is a privilege we are afforded by Dave, and if we appreciate the effort enough we support him with donations, and deal with the trolls as best we can. If we can't, then quietly move on without fanfare.

"When" it closes down, will those who boycotted the donations in protest of Dave's lack of intervention be happy? Will they feel fulfilled?

I just don't see this as the best means to accomplish the end result desired. In my opinion, it would be a huge loss for this site to go away. It would require great will power to do what is needed to eliminate most of the trolling. That is, do not respond, ever, for any reason, to a troll. Ignoring them will eventually cause them to disappear as it takes away the one thing they desire................attention. Personally, I can live with it the way it is. I'd like for it to be different, but I'd like to be 21 again, too. Somethings just ain't happening.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 11/04/18 08:13 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Even without moderation, this forum had been the most civil forum I had been on until politics and personal bickering came along.

I've been a moderator on a much larger forum for trucks for many years. I let the members have a lot of rope and don't like to intervene. Sometimes, when I get a complaint or see a thread going off the rails or it's getting personally offensive, I just contribute a post on the thread. My presence in the thread is usually enough to straighten things out. If not, I post a reminder of the rules. If it has gone too far already, the member gets the appropriate penalty which is detailed in the published forum rules.

Forums generally use long-time stable members for moderators. It's all volunteer work. Often it's a group of members that moderate, which makes it a voting type of disciplinary action system. I'm all for such a system here. The time for moderation is overdue IMO.

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.