Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

You're going to have to educate me, Ed. What is a proprietary linear simulation algorithm? What does it do? What sort of data, exactly, do you need to drive it? What would it tell me that a qualitative assessment of the current and potential future situations don't? Personally, I hold a modest collection (accumulation, even?) as a hobby, rather than a financial portfolio; but I do know people who genuinely hold significant fine firearms collections as portfolios as part of their superannuation; they are not happy about prices and outlooks just now.

Originally Posted By: ed good
gee guys, all i was looking for here was data model input...

so i could run it thru some proprietary linear simulation algorithms and create a few scenarios for maximum return vs risk analysis...i was certainly willing to share privately, the results of these modeling exercises with those who provided the data...

but since no one here seems to grasp the potential impact that these models could have on their bottom line portfolios, i will let this thread drift down into oblivion, before it is trashed by the usual cast of malcontents...

Last edited by cadet; 11/05/18 07:48 PM.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

cadet: sorry, i have been advised that i have revealed too much already...

Last edited by ed good; 11/05/18 08:03 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh please Ed.

Seriously, Bill Murphy spoke the best words ever uttered about trading in doubles. "The money is made on the buy."

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

my graduate work was in econometrics, stats. I love a good linear model. And a person could probably build a pretty good model for sxs shotguns and double rifles. The variables that influence value outcomes or predictions are not many and are already pretty well known. This would not be a tough exercise. Some of the most important variables have been listed above. The thing I think about most is "When do I get to take this gun hunting?" And that act of hunting with a well made and purpose-driven gun is the greatest return on investment I could ever have.
Taking a deer with an old English double rifle, where the immediate second shot was needed, is really cool. I get major satisfaction from that

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

pamt: another great post...thanks for contributing here...

and do add creative writing to your resume of skills...

Last edited by ed good; 11/06/18 10:30 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pamtnman, I am more of a Simplex tableau guy.

Ed overlooks there are actually people here that know something about Quant.

Out there doing it best I can.
crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

What Ted Schefelbein said +1.

Except that I sold my McDonalds stock and took profits years ago.

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: crs
What Ted Schefelbein said +1.

Except that I sold my McDonalds stock and took profits years ago.

Been hovering between $175-$178. Wouldnt mind seeing a split. I do invest in things I dont understand, like, why anyone would eat there. Then I see a commercial pop up on the tube, and I am reminded they arent marketing to me, anyway.

McDonalds has been good. Dont get me started on RIG. A big loser.

My guns fall somewhere between those two, I suppose. But, a successful bird hunt with a decent double is its own reward, not measured in dollars.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
But, a successful bird hunt with a decent double is its own reward, not measured in dollars.

Amen.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.