Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DAM16SXS
Good one Mike!!

And, BTW, pickled pickerel in 1" cubes are fantastic! And the pickling dissolves any and all bones.

Good tip! thank you sir...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good eating what ever you call it. Growing up on a farm, cold days of working outdoors were often ended with a good pot of bean soup with a ham bone in it or a pot of potatoes and corned beef in a hash. All with fresh bread, biscuits or corn bread. The hard crust or corners were all extra special.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The line in the sand between far northern American cuisine, and far Southern American cuisine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

The government offered free land to settlers in what is now the Bounday Waters Wilderness area, in northern MN. If you have ever been there, you understand something the government clearly did not, it is not farm country.
The Fins and the Swedes understood how to shoot moose, and chop a hole in the ice to fish.
Everyone else who went, died a miserable death in the winter.
Then, the policy of free land, in that part of Minnesota,for settlers, ended.

I like lutefisk. Moose, too.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Johnny cakes in Alabama has been covered - I was 8 years old when my 94 year old great aunt then living in Birmingham (About the time Adlai Stevenson ran for President with Sparkman on the ticket), told us kids about the Yankees coming into Selma and her family having to hide the silver in the well.

But Moose in Minnesota? Time to repost this. Caused 16 accidents - they were arrested - Alcohol was involved:

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bread made with cornmeal comes in a bunch of forms and goes by a bunch of regional names. Hushpuppy, cornbread, and all the regional names for the different forms are all good with me. Cornmeal mixed with the flour to batter the fish might even be another form of bread. Deep pan cornbread often comes cooked with a whole chicken or even a duck cooked in the middle of it for flavor.

Personally, I'm always a little disappointed if there are no cracklins in the mix...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

What I wanna know is ...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgOo9a-Jk78

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/27/19 08:45 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted; Yes, that's it. Here is how Lodge catalogs it;

Lodge 10.5 Inch Cast Iron Griddle. Pre-seasoned Round Cast Iron Pan Perfect for Pancakes, Pizzas, and Quesadillas.
by Lodge
10.5 Inch SeasonedCast Iron Griddle. The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle delivers heavy-duty performance, with lower side walls and a wider cooking surface. Great for the stovetop, campfire or oven.

It's perfect for Hoe Cakes also. As another stated the Hoe Cakes are always fried, Cornbread goes in the oven The one I use now is a Lodge, the old one from my Grandmother with the broken handle is unmarked. My Wife & I are both great believers in cast iron, we Have Skillets, Griddles, Bean Pots/Dutch Ovens, Camp Dutch Ovens, Waffle Irons (One by the Stover Engine Co). We also have both 6 & 12 pocket pans which make fluted dome-shaped cornbread muffins. little corn-stick pans, A divided cornbread skillet which makes 8 slices of cornbread & a 7 hole biscuit pan. some Ebelskiver pans & several other items. We are pretty well covered in the cast iron line & they all get used from time to time. We make all our waffles in that Stover iron as it works well on a gas burner. I have my Mothers old waffle irons, but they only work well on a wood stove with a cap removed so they have clearance for turning.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great sounding dinner Ted, and a great subject. Snow here tomorrow but nothing like you've been getting. Dinner tomorrow will likely be Cabernet drenched goose breasts. We normally do this with elk but have been eating elk chili lately so tried this to see how it might work. My FIL is always looking for new ways to utilize canada goose (lots in his freezer), so we're doing some testing. First day at new job tomorrow.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Congrats on the new gig, Lloyd. I know it means a lot to you. Sounds like things are on an even keel.
We actually havent had much snow just north of the twin cities. Way north is a different story, I hear.
I wont even pull the trigger on a Canada these days, never can tell if the birds are eating weed killer off a golf course. Your FIL probably doesnt get those birds.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

while you guys are shivering we have had about 2 weeks of hot weather average temps have been low to mid 40's with a few days of 46
oh these temps are in celcius

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.