April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Mark II, ClapperZapper, buckstix, LeFusil, 12boreman, graybeardtmm3), 205 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,462
Posts545,022
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good morning lads,
www.facebook.com/roger.burridge/media_set?set=a.2007065312746667&type=3
Single pic here, more at link above
[img:center]https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=5CEE7815[/img]
I haven't posted a picture since the floppy disc era smile .So this link should take you to my Greener pictures on Facebook
Hopefully my WW Greener hammer gun will show, fingers crossed.
I want to sell it, & would like to hear what you guys think it might sell for. Then I will post it in For Sale. Just wanted to be up front with my motives...I don't think this is out of order, is it?
I got this gun from Ken Duglan @ Atkins G&L.It's a 30" fluid steel bbls, that has been sleeved in England ,stamped & reproofed as such.
Jones U/L action, it is stocked kinda high like a P gun, 15" stock. Weighs about 7 lb 10oz
I had Abe Chaber check it out when I got it, he gave it thumbs up.
Honestly can't remember the choke..like around mod-Imod...mod--full...I never had it changed.
Ken told me that St Ledger re colored it.The colors are very nice quite vivid. I also came with a lovely leather pad, unfortunately the pad had a wicked sharp toe that was painful to shoot, pad was replaced with black old english, the leather pad had T White written on the back...Tony White from Birmingham perhaps ?
The chequering is worn.
Got a letter from Graham G, saying its a 1901 mid grade, but books said special order, & was made by some of the best workers of that time, i lost the email with all the names, but remember the action filer was a Mr Camm.
Well cheers
& fingers crossed, could someone let me know if it works on your end?
franc

Last edited by Franc Otte; 01/29/19 05:01 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hard to put a value on a gun like that...kinda how much you want verses how much someone will pay.

Some may turn their nose up at a sleeved gun....myself I wouldn't have a problem with it...looks like a nice job to me.

There you go Stan.

2&3/4", 1 & 1/4oz load...Pigeon on the rib.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Go for it jOe, I wont be offended smile...whats your opinion? I figured it a cracker bbl special smile
You got to the pictures ok, eh?.
Anyone else?.
I had a Bernardelli hammer, but wanted an old one, n got this, I saw it as a nice shooter, & indeed it was & is, kinda like new bbls & no mechanical issues, I had fun shooting a few thousand rounds through it.
I would like to sell it, just not shooting much these days.
Its at least 2" too short for Stan
cheers
franc

Last edited by Franc Otte; 01/29/19 01:41 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

With what is currently going on in the English gun market, with prices dropping by the minute, I wouldnt have a clue how to price it. But, Im very interested to see what others think.

HWK
Sidelock
Sidelock

Franc:

I'm no expert, but I'd think a nice hammer gun in that condition would bring something in the $2500-3000 range depending on stock dimensions, weight and balance.

If I didn't already have a sleeved Charles Moore top lever 12 gauge hammer gun, I'd be seriously interested in talking to you about a purchase.

Rem

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice looking pigeon gun. If it had a pistol grip and 32" tubes I'd be talking seriously to you about it. I can shoot 15" fine. It'd have to weigh in at very close to 8 lbs., or a bit over, for me. And, the chokes would have to be tight and tight.

It's a lovely gun, Franc, but I'd rather not price it without seeing it in person. It's a desirable configuration to most people who like big pigeon guns, with great proofs. I've got a couple 30" hammerguns already, and really don't want a third.

Actually, I have probably just bought a pigeon gun, though not a hammergun like I've been searching for so long. I'm about to the point that I'm not going to keep waiting, and a lovely American hammerless pigeon gun will be shipped in a day or so, for a hands on inspection. Not a hammergun, as I said, but too nice to pass up.

Good luck with the sale Franc. Hope you don't regret selling it, but it looks like someone will get a nice gun.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/29/19 04:46 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The straight English stock would work fine on pigeons...the 30" barrel sounds good...only during sex will a couple inches make a difference Stan.

It's as nice a gun as the Rielly you got all bent out of shape over.

I'd agree with the earlier price assessment...No crAcker barrel or tOe'mato stake here.

Wake up George.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just wanted to get the evening crowds input....thanks for all your comments so far...
cheers
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
The straight English stock would work fine on pigeons...only during sex will a couple inches make a difference Stan.

It's as nice a gun as the Rielly you got all bent out of shape over.

I'd agree with the earlier price assessment...No crAcker barrel or tOe'mato stake here.

Wake up George.

I've shot pigeons enough to know what I want. And I don't shoot heavy loads in a straight grip gun well. I can manage the recoil from 1 1/4 loads much better with a pistol grip. Getting on the bird with that second shot without wasting a split second to reposition your hand is crucial. Pistol grips make that much easier.

You can help yourself to the straight grip pigeon guns. And, for the umpteenth time, I don't want another 30" barreled hammergun.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.