Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's been my habit for many years to carry a knife for a year or two, then retire it and try another one. Consequently, I have many retired knives. Cases, Schrades, Solingen, Kissing Cranes, Moore Made, and others.

About five years ago I got one that I cannot seem to retire and it is one that I never thought I would like.

It's a Kershaw 4380. #1 wife gave it to me for my birthday. It is a muskrat design with one large clip point and a smaller (what I would call a grafting) blade. She knows next to nothing about knives and got it because it had a pretty handle. I gave her a penny for it of course.

The part I thought I wouldn't like is the thumb studs for opening.

It holds an edge reasonably well and is a comfortable pocket carry.

I've only used two other Kershaw knives. A Ken Onion and a Chive. Both are retired. I carried the chive a lot when I was wearing slacks and a noose around my neck every day.

But the 4380 is the only one that I would purposely buy another one of.

On a side note. For many years when hunting, fishing or ranch work I carried a Schrade LB7. It was a tool and the five or so that I have show it. Just before this past Christmas I bought a little fixed blade knife made by a fellow over in Florida. His name is Dave Schlessinger and his trade mark is "Crashblades". The one I have is called a "Neck Knife" as he makes the sheath to be worn around the neck. I got #1 wife one with bluejean scales and this latest one has scales made from stabilized Texas Mountain Laurel. I have carried it every day and used it for some Godawful things. It is as sharp as the day it arrived. He makes them from an old timber circular saw blade and his heat treating is the secret potion. He has some you tubes. I also bought five filet knives from him for Christmas presents for my sons and a good friend. He made them to my specs. They are stainless with Texas Mountain Laurel handles. I sent him the wood for the scales. I have grown to like that little fixed blade more than the LB7.

Alan

Last edited by armjr; 02/06/19 10:49 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last pocket knife I bought was last year. It is an Italian Campolin stiletto. Too big and heavy for everyday carry, but I reserve it for special occasions .............like deacon's meetings. Very good quality. Lloyd3 turned me on to Campolins. Legal for concealed carry in GA, even without a CCL.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: armjr
I got #1 wife one with bluejean scales and this latest one has scales made from stabilized Texas Mountain Laurel.

You lost me. I dont have any friends that would buy an ex a knife.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh, I believe it has been discontinued (the 4380), so I guess it would qualify as vintage.

Alan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not an Ex. Just the first, and last. We've got 42 years of Wedded Bliss going on.

Alan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cool. Congrats.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Get you some spenders Stan...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I like items made in the USA. I'm also a Remington man, so you can see where this is going. At one time, Remington was the biggest knife producer in the world. It all stopped for WW2. I carry a Remington bullet knife in one pocket [ one of the 20 I own ], and a Remington Boy Scout knife in the other. I believe Buck now makes bullet knives for Remington. Stay clear of their 10 to 15$ knives - they're made in China. If you go on the net to Smokey Mountain punch in knives made in the USA. That way you'll stay clear of their junk.

Last edited by Paul Harm; 02/07/19 02:29 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

https://steelrivercompany.com/collections/all-products/products/steel-river-redwood-stiletto

Not a switchblade guy, but I bought one of these off a junk-mail ad for $9.95. I did not expect much the the knife seems pretty good to me...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I sent you a picture to your phone of the Boker yesterday.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.