Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here are images of the barrel flats and water table on my 20 gauge Spanish shotgun.

I'm sorry these images aren't better.
Steve

PS Ted, please don't pick fights on my thread, I'm trying to learn something here.

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

BTW, I took the gun apart this afternoon because it was doubling. It turned out to need adjustment where the triggers met the sears, problem solved! Even though it's obviously not an expensive gun the components making up the action were surprisingly well made and not rough or poorly finished at all.

Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

Last edited by skeettx; 02/28/19 11:50 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Better chance of it being your cousin...

Best,
Ted

Might be yO momma..

Sidelock
Sidelock

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=426349
“JB” is the maker mark of Armas Bost, formerly Jose Bolumburu.

Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you all for helping me learn about Spanish shotguns. I had no idea the shotgun I found was made over 50 years ago. Wow, who would’ve thunk it! Overall it’s not a bad looking gun though I could do without the beavertail forend and the raised and ventilated center rib but whatthehell, the beavertail can be turned into a splinter, however I guess I’m stuck with the ventilated center rib. Anyhow, thanks again for the helping me research this gun.
Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Rockdoc
the beavertail can be turned into a splinter

Steve, be careful if you begin that process, to determine if the wood is fitting closely to the underside of the barrels. More than one have begun rasping wood away, from an apparently well fitted beavertail, only to find out too late that there will be a huge gap between the barrels and the wood after it reaches the proper splinter profile. Bobby told me this a long time ago.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the warning Stan, if I resculpt the beavertail it'd probably be a good idea to put some modeling clay on the underside, snap it in place and then pull it back off to see how much the modeling clay is crushed in the process.

Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rockdoc:

The American firms that were importing Spanish and Italian sxs shotguns in the 1950s-1970s were selling into a market that favored single triggers, pistol or semi-pistol grips, beavertail forends and ventilated ribs. I've seen Berettas, Zolis and a host of Spanish guns by lesser known makers all similarly equipped. They are a product of their time and, at least in my experience, are quite functional. I've owned two - a Beretta GR2 20 gauge (which did have double triggers but otherwise shared all of the era's features) and an Antonio Zoli 20 gauge (which has all of the era's characteristics), which I still have and shoot regularly, even though I also own a number of higher grade British, Italian, French (Darnes) and one Austrian sxs. Shoot it awhile before you take the rasp to the forend. You might find you appreciate the beavertail and don't need to make the change.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cornell Pubs has a 1965 Bost catalog Steve.
https://www.cornellpubs.com/old-guns/item_desc.php?item_id=3794

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.