April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (AGS), 396 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,803
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tom C Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I received the spreadsheet that Rocketman prepared for British guns about 2 1/2 years ago and am wondering how prices have changed during that time. I am looking at a BV2 12 gauge boxlock with a current condition of ~3. With the soft market of 12 gauge BLs, where would you expect the current value to be compared to the spreadsheet of 2 1/2 years ago?

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
Sidelock
Sidelock

Prolly a hundred dollars less in price
Prolly a 1000 lower in value

People tend not to let them go.

WR dls Are below 10k now in avg condition.

Out there doing it best I can.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper

WR dls Are below 10k now in avg condition.

It took me awhile to find my decoding ring: For those who don't have one (ring or gun), Westley Richards droplock. wink Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Im probably wrong, but for the past five years or so it has felt to me that American retailers of used 12 gauge English box locks were using Dons model to price their goods.

Theres no way to tell if its the tail wagging the dog or not, but I couldnt help but notice the coincidence.

I was very tempted to purchase the Wesley Richards I looked at at Haussmans.

Ball parking it, there are as many English b/l 12s w/28 barrels for sale around 3k as Ive ever seen. I think the rise in O/Us has depressed their market worldwide.

I hope Don surfaces to answer the OPs question more certainly.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good question, Tom. There are a number of people who believe that 12 bore prices have declined. I'm tracking auction prices and have not yet found a statistically supportable change. It takes quite a bit to actually move a market. The "sell it now" cases will lead the curve, but the "hold it for my price" will hold things up for at least awhile. Looks to me like a BV3-OQ6-CC3 (beep-beep-beep decoder ring says a gun of "ordinary" maker's name (BV3), in Original Quality grade second quality BLE (OQ6), and showing significant use but no abuse or lack of care and maintenance (CC3) for $2300 you will have done well.

Stay tuned as Gleneagles and Holt's auctions are coming soon.

DDA

Sidelock
Sidelock

As you survey auctions, do you figure in house hammer fees, sales tax, and likely shipping costs costs? I certainly do when bidding. They have gotten somewhat ridiculous in many cases.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent, my value is adjusted to be average retail in USA. Exchange rate for BPS vs $, buyer premium, fad, fancy, shipping, export, import, etc. change far to frequently to keep up with in the charts. So, when converting my value to auction max bid, figure these numbers out for yourself and apply the correction % or amount.

DDA

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.