March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (NZHunter, earlyriser, Gunning Bird), 497 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: [censored]
Larry I have an island up around Jewel I'd sell ya...

Originally Posted By: Stan
It's like waiting for Christmas morning. Hard to keep my mind on the things a husband is expected to. frown

28 days, 1 hour, 4, minutes and 3 seconds

SRH

They kood rights a country sOng about that there....

I'm jist sit'n on da back porch polishing up my turd of a fOe tin Yiltz'e shOOt'z gun just count'n the minutes n saconds till yonder dove season...

Wife's in the kitcken kooking up some frozen dOve turd pie....

jOe you ain't no Steve Goodman.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6taItuJqwcA

Last edited by Ken Nelson; 08/13/19 09:19 AM.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Thumbs up for both DAC and Steve Goodman.....love that one.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Could someone post the history of the “glorious twelfth” shooting party. I am not familiar with it.
Jim

NRA Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

"The Shooting Party" was a 1984 film starring James Mason in his last role.

"The Glorious 12th" has been the opening day of shooting in the UK for more than a century.
People left the cities in the summer to avoid disease, and relax in the cooler countryside.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Originally Posted By: damascus

They are now Coming South after the "Glorious Twelfth" at Perth Station, I prefer this George Earls painting out of the two it has more dogs...

Looking at the painting, I believe I can see both Walsingham and Ripon in addition to the dogs. What about you?...Geo

I was serious about seeing (imagining?) Ripon and Walsingham in the picture. Look at the men on either end of the group just behind the red setters and tell me I'm wrong...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

[" was late to the assembly.
Missplaced my sonic screwdriver while working on the Tardis."]

A fellow Whovian, no doubt...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Frederick Oliver Robinson, 2nd Marquess of Ripon. He died on September 22nd 1923 in the field, having killed 51 grouse on his last drive.

His Hon. Thomas de Grey, later Lord Walsingham

Duleep Singh may be in the crowd also

Prince Freddie Duleep Singh was Ripon's nemesis. The two men did not speak to each other, but squared off often. One drive the Prince shot a high bird crossing his front, which fell dead and nearly struck Ripon. Enraged, he stormed the hill, yelling various imprecations, including “bloody nig...” Singh then proceeded to down only such birds as were flying toward his fellow guest and shot them so that Ripon was bombarded by several pheasant corpses a minute.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

My first time shooting inYorkshire, I had been practicing long crossers, and chondelles, 40 to 60 yards, for several months before I went to shoot.

That was because I had heard that the shots were going to be 40 to 50 yards, with lots of crossing birds etc.

Birds were being driven off a hill, flying past me exactly as I had been practicing. I was standing in front of a hedge at the base of the hill.
Little did I know , That there was another peg 40 yards or so on the other side of the hedge. They sort of had the pegs in a crescent transecting the hedge.

So, for the entire drive, I pounded those long birds and dropped them on top of him. Worse yet, I was poaching them just before he was ready to shoot.
He was waiting for them to clear the hedge, and I was trying to prevent that.

My total poached was maybe 6-8 birds.

He was a good sport about it, unlike Ollie.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup-- and ABC pirated the tag line from his classic- "City of New Orleans" -- with their usage of his tag line--"Good Mornin' America, How are You?"" I also like his perfect country song: "You Never Even Call Me By My Name"-- great stuff- like John Prine's songs-- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.