March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (fuhrmann, earlyriser), 694 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

How was the event? How was the vendors? Anybody buy anything interesting?

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful weather all three days. Great courses and great side games. Loved the pigeon ring. Attendance about like last year. Plenty of dealers and price ranges. Sold two, one privately and one to a dealer, bought a Parker CH. Only one walk in into the Fox booth 99% early A which I believe is unfired, not for sale. I heard Hausmann's has the Vintagers for two more years. Ernie made a bunch of improvements to host the event. Hard to gauge the amount of commerce going on.

Last edited by Craig Larter; 09/23/19 04:14 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was there Friday afternoon. I didn't shoot, but the event was well worth the trip. The vendors brought out there quality guns. It was a very friendly casual crowd. There seemed to be activity between sellers and buyers. Hopefully the vendors feel it was worth there time and effort also.
Dave

Sidelock
Sidelock

As Craig says above, the weather was great. Also the catering on site was very good: enough (but not too much) choice, friendly cooks and quick service.
Most of the vendors I talked to said that they had sold enough to be happy, some very happy!
The venue is a bit remote but none the worse for that and very well appointed. I played with the RST crowd on Sunday on the 5 stand and had a blast!
I had a quiet show sales wise but lots of interest and the show is more about exposure for me rather than raw sales. Much of my stock stays on with Bob Nay of MacNab Fine Firearms between sales so I have no doubt the show will 'wash its face' in due course.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We spent three days, Thursday to Saturday. Weather was fine, a new course for small bores, 28,32, 410, was carved from the woods near the five stand. We shot all three courses, first two was similar to last June Northeast event and the flurry and ring were located down along the road. Some vendors from June, but Vintage Doubles, Heritage, and others from the Southern were there as well. It was a well run event and we will attend next year. Great crowd of shooters.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The lower parking area was able to handle all of the parking requirements on Thursday and Friday. Was there enough room there on Saturday for the Main Event as well, or was the overflow area needed?

Sidelock
Sidelock

More than enough. I did not see any cars in the lower fields other than those shooting the flurry and PR.

This was all in all a well orgainzed event. The only glitch, which had nothing to so with Huasmann or the Vintagers, centered on some participants who stole, removed name tags from the prepaid-rented golf carts, and used them. The vendor made good so all was well. we would never have guessed that there were such unscrupulous participants at such an event. Live and learn.

DGM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Agree with the compliments already given. I had a wonderful time. Lots of rare and wonderful guns on display - Toby Barclay's pair of 1890's Woodwards in very original condition cased with with manufacturer tools, bottles and other accessories was a showstopper.

Perhaps most impressive was the number of offerings for shooting - three different sporting clays courses, five stand, flurries, long bird, Mad Jack, pigeon ring and maybe even more that I can't recall. Obviously lots of work and attention went into that. Much appreciated.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The only glitch, which had nothing to so with Huasmann or the Vintagers, centered on some participants who stole, removed name tags from the prepaid-rented golf carts, and used them. The vendor made good so all was well. we would never have guessed that there were such unscrupulous participants at such an event. Live and learn. [/quote]

We have seen that boorish behavior at Hausmanns before. I guess theres no escaping that there are some in every crowd and we shouldnt expect that we, aficionados of fine guns, should be exempt from this malady - this pox on our tradition of sportsmanship.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A buddy of mine was there on Friday and had high praise for the entire event. The photos he showed me of dealers' tables had me drooling, particularly Steve Barnett's hammer gun display.

I wish I'd been able to go, even if just to look.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.