April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Der Ami, Jimmy W, PALUNC, btbell, 2 invisible), 285 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,459
Posts544,985
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#556486 10/04/19 03:54 PM
RyanF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Is the early browning superposed with double triggers more desirable than the single trigger guns?

Edited for clarity: I'm asking about the very early traditional double trigger guns before Val's double/single trigger invention.

Last edited by RyanF; 10/04/19 05:18 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like them. BUT I am OLD
smile

The gun is not plastic, black, and will not hold 8 shells.

Seems like all of us old fellas that like Superposed guns are dying off,

Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's all in the condition. Neither one is more desired, both are very coveted in high condition. Late guns past 1966, not so much. Double trigger supers in high condition have become cult guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought the salt wood started about 1964

Maybe Salty bOb Cash will straighten us out.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RyanF
Is the early browning superposed with double triggers more desirable than the single trigger guns?

Edited for clarity: I'm asking about the very early traditional double trigger guns before Val's double/single trigger invention.

My double-trigger Superposed has a serial number less than 500, so I guess that counts as early... the first guns were beautifully made and marketed directly by FN, and are so marked. I cant speak from experience anout later 12 gauge guns, but I have a Superposed in 20 gauge with the single trigger, from the first year that version was available. I have to say that I prefer the double trigger configuration, as I dont have to think about the barrel selector button.

I agree with the other comments, either one is a fine gun in the field, and desirable to own.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Steve Nash

My double-trigger Superposed has a serial number less than 500, so I guess that counts as early... the first guns were beautifully made and marketed directly by FN, and are so marked. I cant speak from experience anout later 12 gauge guns, but I have a Superposed in 20 gauge with the single trigger, from the first year that version was available. I have to say that I prefer the double trigger configuration, as I dont have to think about the barrel selector button.

I agree with the other comments, either one is a fine gun in the field, and desirable to own.

I recall that the 20 gauge Superposed was introduced in the 50,s Is my memory correct.?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Calgary Bill
Originally Posted By: Steve Nash

I recall that the 20 gauge Superposed was introduced in the 50,s Is my memory correct.?

Calgary Bill, your memory is correct. The 20 gauge Superposed dates from 1951, and the 12, a field grade pictured here, is from 1930 or so (it is hard to pin down dates from the very early FN production, it seems - but it is before they were marked with a Browning barrel address and marketed in the US).

RyanF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Last edited by RyanF; 10/07/19 04:27 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The earliest 20 gauge Supers were shipped in late 1949, but 1949, 1951, who cares? The 20s started with their own serial number series. My #605 was probably shipped in early 1950. Schwing lists some early numbers by shipping date. In my experience, no early 20s were built with double triggers. Later on, probably some special order guns were made with double triggers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had always wanted a double trigger Superposed, so when someone here had one for sale, I bought it. It was nearly new. I found that I didn't like the ergonomics of the gun. It didn't seem to fit me as well as the later, single trigger Superposed guns that I had owned. It was bulky and felt generally oversized. So I sold it on with no regrets. There were some early "double-single" Superposed guns in which if either trigger was pulled, it could be pulled again to fire the other barrel. Or the other trigger would do the same thing. I've never used one so I can't say how they performed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.