March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian Forrester), 657 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Im surprised that none of the readers here picked up on this point.

Its an automatically generated ticket, produced by a machine, attached to a vehicle, sent to the vehicles owner, with the presumption of guilt, all done by a third-party,
All done by a third-party that gets a cut of the proceeds.
People should be out raged.
Im guessing that they keep the price tag of the ticket slow, so that people arent out raged, and Out-of-staters like myself just plead guilty and pay them.
It wouldnt surprise me if the AI thats running the camera looks for out-of-state plates intentionally.

Better get used to it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-billion-surveillance-cameras-forecast-to-be-watching-within-two-years

Last edited by lonesome roads; 12/13/19 01:50 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

CZ,
Indeed people here HAVE been outraged, taken it to court, and lost. Particularly egregious is the City of Cedar Rapids which put a set of cameras very close behind an arbitrary speed reduction. 65 to 55 and 100 yds later (maybe less), a set of cameras. The LAW requires at least a certain minimum distance which this set up did not provide. Yet they won out in court. Too precious.

There is a good reason to leave the mud thick on your license plates. These cameras only work from behind and overhead. That may not apply to all such speed traps.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
CZ,
Indeed people here HAVE been outraged, taken it to court, and lost. Particularly egregious is the City of Cedar Rapids which put a set of cameras very close behind an arbitrary speed reduction. 65 to 55 and 100 yds later (maybe less), a set of cameras. The LAW requires at least a certain minimum distance which this set up did not provide. Yet they won out in court. Too precious.

Put on a yellow vest and do something about it then.

Originally Posted By: BrentD

There is a good reason to leave the mud thick on your license plates. These cameras only work from behind and overhead. That may not apply to all such speed traps.

Theyll pull you over for an obstructed plate and search your car.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Im surprised that none of the readers here picked up on this point.

Its an automatically generated ticket, produced by a machine, attached to a vehicle, sent to the vehicles owner, with the presumption of guilt, all done by a third-party,
All done by a third-party that gets a cut of the proceeds.
People should be out raged. ...

Well CZ, that didn't really seem to be the point you were making here. We thought you were just pissed about getting a speeding ticket.

But since this is now about a violation of Constitutional Rights, due process, a presumption of guilt, etc., what do you think about Liberal Left Democrat Joe Biden and his latest proposal to enact an outright ban on 9 m/m pistols, 10 round magazines, and military style firearms?

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20191125/joe-biden-wants-to-ban-9mm-pistols

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/biden-ban-9mm-pistols-just-like-we-ban-bazookas-and-machine-guns/

These bans that Joe Biden and all the other Democrat Presidential candidates want will have the most impact upon law abiding U.S. citizens who have a 2nd Amendment Right to own them. The vast majority of these guns, or their owners, will never be involved in a crime.

People should be outraged that these Democrats want to take away our Constitutional rights and freedom. Yet many guys right here on this firearms enthusiasts forum will march to the polls next November and vote for these anti-Constitutional bastards.

And if one of these freedom destroying Democrat bastards wins, the people who voted for them will not cry about them violating their sworn Oath to Preserve, Protect, and Defend the Constitution. But the same people think our pro-2nd Amendment President Donald Trump should be impeached for calling for investigations into corruption in the Ukraine.

How do you feel about that???

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
But the same people think our pro-2nd Amendment President Donald Trump should be impeached for calling for investigations into corruption in the Ukraine.

I did not know that his charity operated in the Ukraine. Or perhaps there was a satellite campus for Trump University there?

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

No one asked you nca225. We already know that you are too ignorant to know the difference between treason and the freedom of speech to ask for an investigation into the corruption of the Bidens.

And we also know that you always support and vote for anti-gun Democrats... which demonstrates that you don't give a shit about the Constitution, due process, or the rights of law abiding citizens.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been stopped 4 times in the last 3 years for driving under the speed limit on an 8 mile stretch of road where I have hit 4 deer in the last 30 years. This is always between 10 and 11 pm on a road where you might see half a dozen cars at that hour. I am always asked "What's wrong?" and have never gotten a ticket but it is getting tiresome.The last stop occurred a few weeks ago after I had gotten into my driveway.This is in Iowa.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
....I did not know that his charity operated in the Ukraine. Or perhaps there was a satellite campus for Trump University there?

Boy do you dream big, send snowflakes to the Ukraine for free college. Good thing LEGOs dont need instructions, cant get the kids to pass basic reading, howd that work if you threw in a few Ukrainian words? Do their comfort ponies understand ingrish?

Everyone knows, Canada is the best place to conceal shady donations in a charity.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is not necessary for you to ask me anything. Just trying to take on the herculean goal of educating the willfully ignorant. I mean for people to believe that a guy, who admitted to fraud by using donated funds from his own charitable institution for his election and business debts, to instead be a corruption crusader, I'm pretty sure there is no level of obvious absurdity that they would believe.

https://fortune.com/2019/11/07/trump-foundation-charity-money-politics-lawsuit/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/nyregion/trump-charities-new-york.html

I know its too late for you princess, but 'tis the season to be charitable nonetheless!

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: nca225
....I did not know that his charity operated in the Ukraine. Or perhaps there was a satellite campus for Trump University there?

Boy do you dream big, send snowflakes to the Ukraine for free college. Good thing LEGOs dont need instructions, cant get the kids to pass basic reading, howd that work if you threw in a few Ukrainian words? Do their comfort ponies understand ingrish?

Everyone knows, Canada is the best place to conceal shady donations in a charity.

It seems from what you spit out here thrifty, you or one of yours wasn't satisfied from the high value education they got from Trump University...I think... But as per usual, much gets lost in translation when you try to swing a zinger for the fences thifty! But I think we all know the only snowflake here is your feminine sensibilities. Now go be a good puppy for princess and toss out a few more pros for us to digest.

Last edited by nca225; 12/13/19 03:52 PM.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.