March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, Jimmy W), 890 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#564586 02/06/20 07:01 PM
JNW Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anyone know if the Tunnel of Trees SXS shoot will be held this coming September? I have emailed the club but have not heard back. I think they may all be hibernating up there. I need to plan my time off waaaay in advance.
Thanks,
Jeff

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."
Wesley
Sidelock
Sidelock

They will have the shoot.

I'm not certain they've finalized a date.

They are open Sunday unless the weather is such that it's dangerous to drive.

Suggest you call them on Sunday about noon. Number on the website.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

JNW,
For the last 3 years that I've attended, it's been on the weekend following Labor Day.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Jeff

Hope you can make it this year. They are still working out some shoot details but the dates are set. Below from their web site.
================================

The 5th annual Tunnel Of Trees Side X Side event is scheduled for September 11th-13th, 2020. More detailed information will become available in mid January. Early registration is encouraged. The number of registered shooters will be capped. The Friday games are open to non-registered participants with any type of shotgun.

https://emmetcountysportsmensclub.com/

Dustin says, "Today is a gift, Have Fun."
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well run shoot. tough time of year for me but I will try get there again!

JNW Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Tim!
My Kung Foo must be weak because I couldnt find any info with a brief search. Planning on making it this year:) I have a new hip so Im dangerous again.
Jeff

Wesley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeff, if you want to ride in my rig (turnabout is fair play) to save hauling a trailer, just stay in touch.

I plan to be there this year.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeff. Took me 3 times thru to find the dates. Am sure they will have the Tunnel of Trees link updated soon.

Good to hear your hip surgery went well. Hope that 30 inch Browning BSS is still working well for you?

JNW Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

CZ - I may take you up on that. I like bringing my own cart but that's a LONG way to pull it.

Tim - Gun works great! However, I have shoulder issues now as well and am looking at installing a recoil reducer on it. It will be very unattractive, especially compared to my Fox or LC, but it will let me shoot. I'm shooting an A400 with the KickOff almost exclusively so I'm pretty much over only shooting beautiful guns! As they say, "getting old is not for sissies".
Jeff

Wesley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing wrong with Beretta Auto Loaders. I have two. Also like those 7/8 oz and 3/4 oz 12 gauge loads these days in my SxSs.

Safe travels. I think you will enjoy the shoot.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.