April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Dan R, eeb, bigblock, eightbore, 2 invisible), 246 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,442
Posts544,768
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sirs, an odyssey, a time-travel, a compelling story, an object of engineering art, and a learning experience...plus a real joy in these times. Thanks CB and Claudio. Wish there were a u-tube video to chronicle the trip.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for sharing, what a masterpiece and Claudios work is amazing. Now you need a couple dozen hand made decoys to hunt over? Paper bismuth shells and a wise old dog. Stuff dreams are made of. GREAT POST!

Sidelock
Sidelock

This has been the most enjoyable thread I have seen on the BBS in many years, perhaps ever! Thanks Canvasback for all the time you spent sharing it with us.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jtplumb has exactly the right idea.

There are no flies on that gun. It would be something to hunt with her.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll say it again. That is one magnificent shotgun.

What's next?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave Erickson
I'll say it again. That is one magnificent shotgun.

What's next?

Haha! Well, its time to sell my house to cover the bill from Claudio. shocked Just kidding.

Im hoping to put the icing on the cake of this thread by having some pictures of me, the gun and a few big northern canvasbacks in the bag taken at my duck hunting property at Delta Marsh in Manitoba. That will have to wait until late September or early October.

I must say, I love this process. This is the one I have gone deepest on but it sure isnt my first and wont be my last. But sanity must prevail and one a year is more than enough. We will have to wait until around next spring for the next story to be told. The current plan is to resurrect a dilapidated old Sauer sidelock. It will get a new stock as the current one is not worth trying to save. And the work on that gun will probably be a bit of a collaboration with Claudio doing the metal work and my good friend and member here Chris Dawe doing the woodwork. But, thats just the plan as it sits today. Always subject to change until I send the gun off and pull the trigger on the project.

But Claudio and I have some ideas for other threads to keep you entertained.

Claudio and I were hoping people would enjoy this thread and we are both so pleased that turned out to be the case. Thank you.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well done Claudio - fantastic job ! ,its come a long way since I first seen it posted at the dealer - the discovery of the original finish on the receiver and the condition of the checkering were an incredible stroke of good fortune or a thank you from fate - to your hours and hours and hours of work on that gun ,everything ties in perfectly

Last edited by CJ Dawe; 06/16/20 06:58 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for sharing a great journey. Fantastic shotgun. You will enjoy it.

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Magnificent!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

CB,
Thanks for all the posts, I really enjoyed the ride. You have a magnificent gun to show for it!
Karl

Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.