April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (fullandfuller, Karl Graebner, CJF, 1 invisible), 1,036 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
LGF Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

RDD - are you getting any response from Atkins Grant and Lang? They responded immediately when I emailed them for information on the Grant hammer 10 bore about which I posted a couple of weeks ago. That was in January, and I then phoned them to pay for a certificate of origin. Silence since then, in spite of several emails. They are probably closed and no one is attending to emails. Please let me know if you hear back from them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The shooting ground and gunroom have been closed for a few weeks now.Dont know if there`s anyone at the Francis Lovell premises though.Unlikely at the moment ,as everywhere else!!

LGF Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Thanks, Imperdix. That's life for most of us these days.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just taking the "Wheatsheaf" Emblem from the guns oval this is the emblem of the County of Cheshire here in Britain used from the dawn of history. Also this Emblem is used on the Silver assay mark for the City of Chester the county town. From Steve Nash posting there is one name that leaps out of the page "Cholmondeley" a very old Cheshire family name there is a Castle of the same name and a family associated with it also a Lord Choolmondeley head of the family. Oh it is pronounced "chummley" another quirk of Brit English, may be Cheshire and old Cheshire families may be a good starting point for the guns History.
A more down to earth explanation of the image in the oval it could be just the guns owner could have been a resident of Cheshire or just born there or his name is Cheshire so the Wheat sheaf could mean just that, to put it simply I am a resident of Cheshire and I could put that Wheatsheaf on my gun and if the truth be known any person could use the Wheatsheaf if they wish, also there are a large number of public houses called the Wheatsheaf and there is no reason to stop the owners having the wheatsheaf crest engraved on their guns as long as it is not an attempt to de fraud. So just because it looks like an heraldic crest does not mean that it truly is.

Last edited by damascus; 04/30/20 09:19 AM. Reason: 2nd paragraph missing

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
RDD Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

same, nothing from them since my first email in February....

[Linked Image from secureimg.stitcher.com]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.