April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (SKB, welder, 1 invisible), 851 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,832
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all, say, can anyone comment (from first hand experience that is), on the quality of the choke tubes that come with CZ (Huglu made) shotguns?

Are they the same quality as those offered by Carlson or Trulock or are the after market tubes manufactured better/better quality materials?

Thanks so much!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's been a long time since I had a Huglu made double.
Right around 15 years or so. I bought it right before CZ started using them. It was an attractive little 20 bore. Unfortunately, it looked better than it worked. But here were no issues with the choke tubes. I had to send the gun back 2 times due to it's habit of doubling. It was replaced with a CZ gun after the 2nd return. CZ requires higher requirements than the earlier HUGLU guns. I traded it NIB because I found myself needing a youth gun but in the process I ended up with extra choke tubes. My cousin bought 2 CZ's and is still using the factory tubes that I gave him without any issues. His 2 CZ's pattern quite effectively and he's used them on Clays and Canadas.

Sidelock
Sidelock

gjw: My son's CZ Bobwhite G2 came with some pretty unremarkable choke tubes (unremarkable in that they seemed quite standard). I installed the 1/4 and 3/4 choke tubes in it and it seems to function without issue. Mind you, I/we haven't formally patterned it.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 06/01/20 02:47 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

They are not steel worthy unless so marked.
Have cracked all 4 Of the original flush mounts shooting steel, every one less than full, to include cyl.
If you want to shoot steel, go extended.

I came back to this thread after a few hours, to add a little more detail on the cracking of choke tubes. The Hulu design, has all of the threads that hold the choke tube In the last quarter inch at the muzzle. Other choke tubes are threaded their entire length. I found, that my tubes got progressively more difficult to unthread, and then ultimately cracked.
You can get extended joke tubes with the Hulu style thread, where all of the choke is outside the muzzle, and then you dont have to worry about cracking anything or bulging anything.
So Ive never bought any replacements, just broke the tubes.

Last edited by ClapperZapper; 06/01/20 08:29 PM.

Out there doing it best I can.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.