April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, PALUNC, Marks_21, KDGJ, GMCS, StevenD), 571 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,078
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

I drove up the Alcan in '71 and back down in '85...has the world ever changed!!

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
You can vote for the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrat Joe Biden and a few more Democrat Senators, and get the same treatment without ever leaving the USA.

On a related note... You won't ever see any Democrat nominees to the Supreme Court criticising their fellow Justices for failing to protect the 2nd Amendment. They are the ones who vote to restrict the Constitutional gun rights of law abiding citizens.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/thomas-...econd-amendment

But libtard fools like rocky mtn bill continue to support anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats. You can't fix stupid.

Oh shut up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo. Note that the Sask govt has closed all outfitters down. No idea when and if they’ll open it in time for the season. On the other hand Alberta remains open. Contact me if you’d like more info

Last edited by Tamid; 06/16/20 01:59 PM.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Some random guy paid for my coffee and donut in Windsor once. He must have assumed I was gay because I’m usually dressed fairly decently, good haircut and nice shoes. I figured he was qwar because what guy buys another guy’s coffee and donut. Just gave what it would have cost to the young lady working the register. She was really pretty and nice.
My dog, Spino, (Dachshund) died last fall. It seems well known that people that have Dachshunds are weird and like hockey and golf. I like German Shepherds too.

I’ve owned dachshunds and labs all my life. No one laughs after they’ve hunted with one of my dachshunds Am I weird? Don’t ask my friends!

Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'd like to explain my post a bit further - it was a heads up to those traveling through BC and carrying their guns. It was not meant to be an attack on Canada - just a warning about the system as it is operating under the threat of the Virus.

I think the crossing from Washington State to BC has been somewhat difficult for years, at least since 1999 when Ahmed Ressam, the space-needle wanna-be bomber, came in from Victoria with the bombs. When the Milan mosque that supported the Bosnian Jihadist battalion was rolled up in 1994, a lot of the radicals moved from Italy to Vancouver - which by 1996 was called "Milan West." After 1999 the US side tightened - Canadians responded. This mutual occasional tit-for-tat has been compounded by the shut-down of the border by the Virus.

Son talked repeatedly to the Canadian immigration service before departing and was told that entry was entirely up to the individual immigration office/officer he would deal with. He absolutely had to be in Alaska by mid-June. The only way to get his gear there was to transit BC and Yukon....no other way to go without the maritime highway. So to be on the safe side, he left the shotgun at home...not wanting to provoke. They got provoked anyway. He was the only person trying to cross the border at that time so maybe they were just bored.

Anyway, everybody he saw on the route up-country was carrying so it wasn't necessarily an anti-gun thing .... just a problem with the immigration service. He made it but the race through Yukon with a fully loaded truck was sort of a cannon-ball run.

As mentioned, he speaks native French and has never had a problem entering Quebec.

In Alaska back in the USSA:

Last edited by Argo44; 06/16/20 08:41 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tamid
Geo. Note that the Sask govt has closed all outfitters down. No idea when and if they’ll open it in time for the season. On the other hand Alberta remains open. Contact me if you’d like more info

Thanks Mr.Tamid. I freelance, but if you're aware of any particular restrictions on non-resident individuals I'd like to hear about it...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not know if the shutdown affects non-resident aliens who freelance.I haven't read anywhere saying non-resident aliens could not buy a license.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks. I guess I'll just wait a bit more to see what shakes out...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44

Son talked repeatedly to the Canadian immigration service before departing and was told that entry was entirely up to the individual immigration office/officer he would deal with. .

Spelled out, in black and white, for any thinking man to see it, is the reason every non elected government official in western society, should be considered suspect. The claim they are protecting us is remarkably easy to debunk.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44

By the way, a few years ago, I was on a plane to Seattle for his marriage and sat next to a huge old guy with a poodle. Thought he was a - you know what - till I saw the Master Blaster wings on his forearm. The subsequent story - daughter in Alaska who owns a couple of lodges on the Iditarod trail - is pretty amazing and can be read here - 504th Parachute Infantry - jumped into Sicily at the age of 15...Inchon and Frozen Chosen in Korea...White-Star in Laos...CSM of 5th Special Forces Group in Vietnam...
https://specialforces78.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/1215-Sentinel-News.pdf

That is an amazing story. A whole lot of guys never made the drop into Sicily when the Navy misidentified aircraft carrying our paratroopers and shot a bunch of them down.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.