March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 888 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stallones
I WAS AT A CHARITY SHOOT A COUPLE YEARS AGO AND SHOT ONE OF THE HIGH SCORES WITH MY 1873 VINTAGE STEPHEN GRANT HAMMERGUN. AS I WAS ACCEPTING ONE OF THE TROPHIES, I HEARD SOMEONE SAY " LOOK AT THAT OLD GUN HE IS USING, "IT LOOKS LIKE IT CAME OVER ON THE MAYFLOWER!

At least they didn't say it looked like YOU came over on the Mayflower!!! grin

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

I normally get a lot of looks and comments that they can’t hit anything with a sxs. I was out on a controlled dove hunt a couple years back shooting my AYA #1 in 28 gauge. On my way out I noticed a father son sitting on one of the stations I had to walk past to get back to the truck. Once I past the two, the young boy said to his dad “did you see his gun? His father replied yea, you don’t want or need one of those pieces of crap” I guess shooting some sort of automatic 12 or 20 is the ticket by the way they limit 75 round. And shoot starts at 1200 ends at dusk I was limited out in just over an hour I still had two boxes and a couple left from the first box.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good shooting, 28 GS. Fifteen for twenty-three is waaay above the average, even on opening day. Well done.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Shooting an AA 'Falcon' (Uggie) 26" 410.

I'm 6'3" and at the time I was 270 lbs.

"You look like a moose with a toothpick". She did have a point.

I dropped 50 last year and bought a new Browning with the grocery money I saved.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was on the Lake George pass with my Dewson 10 ga loaded with 4 1/2 dr Fg and 2 oz Lubaloy 4's. I shot once into a flock of Redheads about 35 yds high and three drakes dropped out. Some guy heard the strange FOOM and saw the big smoke column and I heard him quite loudly and with kind of a western twang say "What the hell was that!?"

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is usually explained to me that I've brought the wrong kind of gun. More than once I've beat them all with my "wrong gun".

One guy was actually hostile to our group of shooters. He asked if we rode horses to the range and illuminated our homes with candles. His o/u was chrome plated.

DLH Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

When they see that my gun has double triggers I get these two questions;

Do you pull both triggers at the same time?

Do you place a finger on each trigger when shooting?

That being said- I'm not the only one around here who shoots a sxs, but its a very small club!

Sidelock
Sidelock

They say, "GOOD shot, old chap!"

Funny, I have modified pumps, autos, O/U's trying to create the best bird gun possible, and I came to realize it was perfected well over 100 years ago; the SxS.

Sidelock
Sidelock

When I bring my 4 bore with 40 inch barrels it always draws a crowd. I will shoot a round of skeet with 12 gauge inserts and it sounds like a pop gun. When I get to one of the middle stations and no one is paying attention, I throw in a black powder 4 gauge shell and after the "kaboom", they tell me they almost had a heart attack! Great fun!

"As for me and my house we will shoot Damascus!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've got a Zabala Bros 10 ga sxs. I use it primarily for cripples and the late morning high flyers (unless it's old smiley). I was in the blind with my buddy and a lone goose came through, way too high but worth a try. After the second shot, my buddy's phone rang. It was his brother in a blind about 400 yards away. He asked, "What the Hell was that?"

Oh, that goose is still out there or died of old age.

Alan

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.