April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (Der Ami, Argo44, battle, eightbore, CJ Dawe, 2 invisible), 235 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,031
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#581115 10/02/20 08:21 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I just returned from a trip to Maine and was getting caught up on the bankruptcy sale of Remington. I was sad to read this. Hopefully they will rise again and continue to manufacture firearms.

It was interesting to see that Sturm Ruger purchased the Marlin Firearms operation, along with another group purchasing the Parker name.

It will be a sad day for the Ilion community if they shut that plant down.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I read that Ilion is supposed to shut down today, October 2.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I really like my Remington auto shotguns, 1100 G3, 11-87 and SP10. I prefer my doubles but ...
I hope that Remington does rise again, they make/made good guns.

Last edited by Lawrence Kotchek; 10/02/20 12:15 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I read that all the investors in the roundhill group are hunters and gun enthusiasts so thats a big step in the right direction.

Sidelock
Sidelock

they used to make moderately priced, reliable and safe firearms...

now they make alotta cheap, unreliable and perhaps dangerous guns...

which maybe why they have gone belly up...

Last edited by ed good; 10/02/20 12:10 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is a list of buyers:

Remington Outdoor Company Asset Sale
Remington Asset Winning Bidder

Remington Firearms- Roundhill Group, LLC (Real Estate Investors)
Dakota Firearms - Roundhill Group, LLC (Real Estate Investors)
Remington Ammo - Vista Outdoor, Inc. (Federal Ammo)
Barnes Bullets - Sierra Bullets, LLC
Marlin Firearms - Sturm, Ruger & Co, Inc.
Bushmaster Firearms- Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc.
Tapco (parts) - Sportsman's Warehouse, Inc.
DPMS Firearms - JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
H&R Firearms - JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
AAC Silencers - JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
Parker Shotguns - JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)
Stormlake Barrels- JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)

Last edited by John E; 10/03/20 06:23 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
they used to make moderately priced, reliable and safe firearms...

now they make alotta cheap, unreliable and perhaps dangerous guns...

which maybe why they have gone belly up...

What do you mean by “dangerous” guns, Ed?

Do you mean faulty design that may cause injury through malfunction? Do you mean such shoddy manufacturing that the guns may blow up?

Or do you mean that the guns made by Remington may be used by persons with ill-intent. Like every gun ever made.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

back: better you answer your own question...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a shame, really. The Remington factory is the 2nd oldest continually operated manufacturing facility in the United States. They have been making Remington guns in that SAME brick building for over 200 years.
And the town of Ilion depends on it as their anchor business.

Remington's QC has come under fire in recent years, perhaps not entirely unfairly. But the trigger thing is completely unfounded. If one can claim there is a "problem" it's that stupid people are capable of improperly setting it. And because the 700 is the most popular rifle ever made in America...by a MILE...any such instances are going to be magnified.

Is Ford at fault if someone soups up their Mustang so much they run off the road?

I hope investors can bring capital in and keep going...likely with a more streamlined offering. If they just make 700's and 870's and perhaps 1 or 2 others, they should be alright.

The question is, given the idiocy of a plurality of NY voters and politicians...is it time to cut bait and move it all to Alabama. I feel for Ilion, if it goes that way.

New York is such a fantatically beautiful place. It's just sad that 72% of the voters live in 9% of the land area...and dictate their politics to everyone else.

NDG

Sidelock
Sidelock

Like it or not, the litigious climate requires idiot proof designs, to the extent of protecting from persistent and skilled idiots.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.