April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (eeb, L. Brown, Jimmy W, KY Jon, dblgnfix), 219 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,047
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The lawsuits and hit piece that CNBC did on them caused the most damage I imagine. I'm sure declining sales was the final blow.

As to New York politics, it is happening everywhere. Here in Virginia the Northern suburbs outside of D.C. and Richmond pretty much determine elections. If you look at the biographies of democrat State legislators many are from New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, anywhere but Virginia. It won't be long and Virginia will be like New York State. Broke, with a mass exodus of tax paying citizens. I think I read that more people are now leaving Virginia than moving there.

In Maine, a long time U.S. Senator is probably going to lose to a liberal transplant from Rhode Island.

Very disturbing trend. I'll never understand why voters fall for it. They just push the same failed ideas and nonsense from where they came from.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The cancer which infected California 30 years ago had now spread to the entire west coast and into Nevada and Arizona. People moving out of California seem to always want to bring a bit of California with them. They soon over power the natives and take over. Hence the entire west coast is a lost blue wall and every crack pot idea gets tried before thinking it through. The solution is free and more taxes to pay for free.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I own Remingtons. They are not, however, current production Remingtons.

Example of how 'cost saving' boomeranged on them:

They retooled the 1100 and in doing so went to a sintered part where the bolt rides on the action bar. This did not work in the 410 gauge model. The part failed. All of them. Remington could not fix those guns because they no longer made parts that would hold up to the shear forces involved. This took a couple years to correct.

How do you louse up the 1100? That's how.

I see where Federal now owns the ammunition branch of Remington. This reduces competition, and will inevitably result in higher prices for the consumer. That's if the Remington brand survives at all and losing that would be the worst thing about losing Remington.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I bought a Remington 870 in 1979 to take with me abroad on various assignments (Always sent in HHE under heaps of other stuff)...28" barrel...Modified Choke, 2 3/4 inch chambers...generic shotgun of the times. 41 years later it is pristine and as strong as a gun need be. It did everything, home defense, birds, rabbits, deer (with the slug barrel). One doesn't need anything more.

Then about 4 years ago, #1 son was trekking in panhandle Alaska doing his doctoral dissertation carrying bear spray. I gave him a new Remington 870 Marine Magnum (nickel plated, synthetic stock, 20" cylinder bore barrel, 10 round mag, etc...he's on a Kayak a lot and salt destroys guns). It was twice the price of a standard Remington but still seemed decent quality.

But in addition I bought a Remington 28" barrel with screw-in chokes off the internet and a short magazine so he could legally hunt if need be. That barrel was disgraceful. There was lump just behind the chamber that would not allow the shell to be ejected. I finally ground it down myself and cold blued the grind... but...that lack of quality control was what killed a famous name. The bean counters get in charge, they'll run a company into the ground.

Last edited by Argo44; 10/06/20 07:16 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Those Remington Wingmasters from the 60s and 70s were and still are amazing. Same for many of the 1950s-70s, not to mention most if not all of those from the 19th century. But those days are gone. Then again, I don't know if any of the guns that commonly adorn the shelves of big box stores are any good. They are certainly too much of an eye sore to get close enough to tell.

What Argo says about Remingtons could just as well be said about others, such as Marlins - even before Remington got to them.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had just about given up on my $2.00/50 box Remington rebate for the Nitro's I bought early in the summer....low and behold check came in the mail yesterday.
Talking with my buddy that works at local gun shop that is a Remington Service Center. He says they have over 60 870 receivers that have been replaced versus repaired by Remington. I believe the problem is related to the ejector spring.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=John E]Here is a list of buyers:

Parker Shotguns - JJE Capital Holdings, LLC (Palmetto State Armory)

Incorrect sir - The production of the Parker shotgun by Remington Arms ceased at the onset of WW-II and aside from assembling a small number of Parker shotguns from leftover parts at the end of the war, that was the end of Parker shotguns as far as manufacturing was concerned. Remington, however, still owned the name Parker, Parker Shotguns, the Parker Gun, and anything associated with the marque (name) of Parker as it pertains to those things. So... JJE Capitol Holdings, LLC now owns the marque and anything associated with it... as I understand it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So, nothing is 'incorrect'.

That company now owns the Parker name.

I expect shotguns from Turkey branded as "Parker' in the near future.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is it pretty easy to date a Wingmaster? I bought one last spring in 12 ga., and with a Remington factory 34" vent rib barrel. I'd like to know the vintage.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

One heck of a turkey gun there, Stan. 3" chambering, full choke?RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.