March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (SKB, LRF, 1 invisible), 328 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
The hunt isn't a hunt without the kill...

Unsuccessful hunters have been taught by liberal thinkers how it's more about the hunt than the kill...that is all bull hockey.

I lust to put my foot on a gobblers neck....

I'm not happy with a participation trophy.

All too true.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, my goal is to die in bed at thh age of 95, shot by a jealous husband!!!

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Saskbooknut
I
My hunting partner of 40 years passed away suddenly in September 2019.
Maybe next year.

I know that feeling. My bird Hunting partner of 32 years died on me and it took 3 or 4 years before I was really interested at all again. I still have little interest in collecting Fox Guns anymore because of he passing. He was a Parker man and I am a Fox man. and we were always looing for that next little jewel to call the other up and talk about.

I still hunt. I just dont keep track of numbers. no score cards.
Ill shoot a buck once in a while but it is situationally dependent (weather, location, time of day, how ambitious I feel, etc. ) but that's my prerogative now. I have no moral quandry with killing. I dont proclaim my moral or ethical superiority by no killing an animal. I simply make a choice each and every time. After all, we have eyes in the font of our heads which makes us natural predators. so I am one. I just exercise my options!

and when it comes to woodcock and grouse; my attempts at killing definitely have minimal impact on the overall population, no matter how hard i try.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

I too have wrestled with this one. Quail hunting was always my main interest. Then the wild quail disappeared and I began "hunting" released birds for the dog's sake. In my line of work it was usual to be invited on several "Plantation" released bird outings every year.

I gave that up a few years ago because I felt my balance and condition had eroded to the point I did not want to endanger my friends with my constant trip and falls (and I found it embarrassing). I continued hunting alone for wild birds only until my last bird dog Willy the Wirehair died last December.

I still love a dove shoot and keep right on deer hunting even though I rarely shoot due to waiting for a big one. I also like to duck hunt but there's little of it where I live and the politicians and their plague have closed down my annual trips to Canada.

I guess I'll have to say I'm still in the game and probably will always be to whatever extent I'm able. The killing hasn't really become an issue with me at all...Geo

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm 65 I love quail hunting and I am still going to put in for Elk this year.i had the best times hunting in Wisconsin and hope to go back next year.i spent opening day dove and quail in az. With my son and grandson the absolute best of times

Sidelock
Sidelock

81.5 years behind me. Avid upland hunter. Today me & my 14.5 year old Brit put up 2 coveys of quail. No shots due to brushy cover,no problem. Great day! No birds okay, & I sure as hell ain't no
liberal! Every day is a gift now for both of us.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm 84 and I don't feel the need to pull the trigger again.

I have a lifetime of great memories of hunting with friends and relatives that is very satisfying.

However, I still enjoy those jaunts through our woods and brush with my good buddy Jasper, my English Springer Spaniel. With some fresh snow on the ground, we did a little of that today.

We were rewarded with fresh deer and turkey tracks.

It was wonderful. Jasper enjoyed it too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brian

Better than practicing tricks on a water slide....

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: Brian

Better than practicing tricks on a water slide....

Never leave us in doubt frAnk, we know you have zero class.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Im only 46...but I have also reached a point that I no longer have as much blood lust as I used to have. There was a time when I lived by the silly mantra if it flies it dies. Obviously I still enjoy hunting. Ive just become pretty selective about it. Hunting company included. If I cant enjoy the company of hunting partners, I dont want them around. Its about the experience for me nowadays.
Theres things I just wont pull a trigger on....swans, sandhill cranes, birds on the water, birds on the road, birds that are out of range, hens....theres more stuff, but I think that covers most of it.
The absolute worst is wounding game. I dont care what the species is. I hate it. I hate having to deliver a coup de gras, or having an injured animal crawl or fly off to die in agony. It never really bothered me before....but these days it does. I dont know why. I get pissed at myself for not delivering the decisive blow the first time. Sometimes its not my fault...the other day I took a pair a drake mallards at 15 yards, right in the landing zone...the steel shot went right through both of them and they writhed on the water for 5 minutes, they were both still alive when I got to them and I had to finish them off by hand. I hated every damn second of it.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.