March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Ian Forrester, SKB, Marc Ret, eightbore, cpa, 1 invisible), 328 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,000
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew, you should talk to someone conversant in IT matters, there may be ways to save copies of the pages offline or otherwise download all of your content and keep some semblance of organization to it.

Or, you could just buy picture trail...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew, hope you get sorted, I find your Damascus info/pics very helpful. Much appreciated, regards. Mr w martin

NA
Sidelock
Sidelock

RDD, thanks for all you.ve done. Remember no good deed goes unpunished. And the greater the good, the bigger the punishment.

Last edited by Gr8day; 12/08/20 04:24 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If I were you I would contact a web developer and establish a web site and rent space on a server. Move all your content to a private domain site and server. Much less costly than you think. Our annual server rental costs for the Fox collector site is $100. Contact me if you want recommendations.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A great suggestion Craig... or do like the PGCA did and buy your own server. I'd be willing to chip into the pot to buy one.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and advice. I'm working on it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well stated Drew.

As has been shared already Imgur is decent, and I use it for posting. But in terms of permanent storage for myself? I always want that on my own external hard drive...backed up on a second external hard drive which isn't plugged into anything.

Upgrade both every 3 years or so...and no worries.

Sorry this doesn't solve your current fix.

NDG

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew, I've saved every Reilly post and all the research on an external hard-drive - actually two. Nothing is forever on the internet except for certain intelligence services.

There was a great site a few years ago, militaryphozos.com that had some of the most extraordinary analysis based on open sources of events and capabilities as well as truly insightful history. It went belly up based on copyright issues and everything was lost.

Photobucket of course was the most egregious out and out shake-down ever seen on the internet.

And as a matter of fact, this site is not "forever" unfortunately. None of us are.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gene, it's like paper vs computers. I remember when the Intel Community switched from paper locked in safes to "secure" computer storage . . . which hasn't turned out to be all that secure. I can remember looking at a lot of very old paper files. Seems that stuff never totally disappeared. Somewhere along the line, people made copies and stuck them into files. I've got binders full of 35MM slides I took over the years. Sold a lot of them along with articles to various hunting magazines. All of which reminds me that I probably should store my digital photos somewhere safe . . . if there is such a place.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
All of which reminds me that I probably should store my digital photos somewhere safe . . . if there is such a place.

I have somewhere north of 300,000 hi-res digital images (35+ terrabytes) archived on my own websites and on external hard drives. The only ones that I consider even moderately secure are the redundant hard drives kept in a safe deposit box. Memory is cheap - irreplaceable images are just that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.