April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
12 members (Gunning Bird, bushveld, Ian Forrester, bigblock, 3 invisible), 471 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,098
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boxlock
Boxlock

I don't know what model it is. I am not able to post from a website but could send you pictures to your email.

campero Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ok, I'll send you a message.

I wish the shotgun could talk to tell her story. A lady with more than a century of life...

The ejection patent:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

It has only three proof marks engraved on it, plus the diamond with the 20 C inside.

Sorry, this is the lion proof mark:

On each barrel is a word that I don't understand. It may say something like "STEEL...". I don't know.

Last edited by campero; 01/24/21 07:37 AM.

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow. What a finely finished shotgun.

Everywhere I look in each one of the photos, every nook and cranny has been filed and polished.

Just beautiful.

For me, because time represents energy, the finer the polishing, into the deeper the crevices, translates into the greater the energy put into it.

When I see a firearm taken to 600 grit in every crevice, and never a scratch greater than a 600, I am delighted.

Thanks for sharing it.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by DblFixer
I have a similar W&C Scot&Sons with identical engraving but without the half moon stock. The sn is 616xx and I have been told that it is circa 1899. The heads of the pins through the side of the action are convex unlike yours. It is an ejector with crossbolt action. The pat number is s 259-93 Use number 1918. Barrels say W & C Scott and sons makers and London England. Also on Flats Nitro Proof 1 1/4 oz shot? Was it nitro proofed later?
Regards
Dblfixer

The gun you have is one of the two I was referencing...Reliance or Continental.

NDG

campero Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
Wow. What a finely finished shotgun.

Everywhere I look in each one of the photos, every nook and cranny has been filed and polished.

Just beautiful.

Thanks, you are so kind. This "lady" is a shotgun with a long history, but not so finest as you said.

NDG, mine is very similar to "The Reliance" model, but without the protuverance on the reciever.

Regards!

Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
campero Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Esta escopeta W.C. & Scott & Son se hizo en la fábrica de Londres "expresamente" para Luis Vives & Cía en Barcelona.

Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.